:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Monday, June 09, 2003 ::

Because my life isn't shitty enough....

I got up this morning, to go to work. Mom had to be at her new job by 11, which means I got dropped off at 10, even though I didn't have to work until three. Around 12, I get a call on my cell phone. It's mike. He needs to 'discuss something'.

In short, he fired me. The only pleasure I really got was cutting him off in the middle of his crack-smoking hippy spiel about how nice a person I was and don't take this personally, but do I remember how he said that everyone is hired on a trial basis and he has heard things that I have been talking to the customers about him....

....basically, translated, becomes:

"Barbara doesn't like you, and thought you were coming to tell me all the things she does wrong, so she beat you to the punch, and I caved in to her because we smoke pot together and she's worked for me longer and hasn't done anything too greviously wrong or at least has threatened the new girls like you not to say anything to me about her."

I cut him off sharply and asked "So you are firing me, yes?" and he starts in with "Yes-but you're a really ni-" and I'm like, "Fine. There is no need to make a big deal and bullshit about this. Mail me my check. Goodbye."

It goes back to my rant about how job interviewing is like dating. Getting fired is a lot like breaking up. You get the same bullshit speech about how everything was nice, when meanwhile, you're thinking "If it was so 'nice', then why is this over, asshole?". I've done the 'long talk' route with every guy I've broken up with, and I decided that, in a similar situation, I really didn't want to hear Mike's voice for a millisecond longer. It drips with so much falseness I'm surprised he doesn't slip in his own bullshit and crack his head open.

It may have only been my job, but I took pride in it. And that pride is not going to be taken.

So Fuck You, Mike.
Fuck No Joe's Cafe.
Fuck your false promises.
Fuck your giving me a raise and firing me four days later.
Fuck your firing me when you know I've just been in a car accident.
Fuck your waking me up at 8 am my second week of work to yell at me for not being there even though I'm not scheduled.
Fuck your never even calling me with the schedule until 10pm Sunday.
Fuck your 4 hour shifts.
Fuck your lack of common decency in never letting us have breaks. EVER.
Fuck your paranoid grilling of every passerby that comes in the shop that may have spoken to me.
Fuck your inability to recognize hard work.
Fuck making me wash dishes every day despite that I am a barista, not a dishwasher.
Fuck your pot-smoking, lackadasical, lying, cheating, son of a bitch ass.

A bane on you and your business, and from now on may you only have enough money that your wife and children are comfortable and well taken care of. May you be at the mercy of your own lies for the rest of your life. May your own actions return to you, thrice.

~Fox
:: Fox 6/09/2003 05:48:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?