:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Sunday, May 25, 2003 ::

"You know why it's called a 3-point turn? Cause that's how much it's worth."

The above quote, originally stated from me to Dre while making a 3-point, is courtesy of my own screwed-up mind in regards to the difficulty of making said 3-point turn. I'm actually pretty good at it. You ever have a huge amount of trouble with something, and can't seem to figure it out, and then ONE person gives you what is, in essence, a very simple concept in which to view the problem in, and there's this moment of OH! (hand slap to forehead) and then everything makes sense? Dre gave me one of those. When you turn the steering wheel, the back tires go in THAT DIRECTION. I was trying to keep some convoluted series of ideas of my own creation regarding the steering wheel mechanism, in which the way I turned it was the opposite of where the front wheels would go or something. Now I finally understand the wheel.

"QXTs...it's this club in newark. It's like Quixotic, without the vowels. Hey, WAIT A MINUTE. It IS Quixotic without the vowels. Holy Shit!"

Another me-to-Dre quote in which my own subconsious sense of innate observation overcomes me.

Anyway, I wanted to post those quotes. Yesterday, at least in the beginning, was a large clusterfuck of badness, obviously because Trish was involved. She and I made plans to go and get stuff for our respective new cars together, two days ago.

Timeline is thus:

> 2:30pm - Informed by Trish that she isn't even getting off work until 3, and that Dre is coming to pick me up at said time.
> 3:00 - Informed by Dre that he isn't even leaving until 3 because of random stuff.
>3:15 - Inform Trish of this fact. She tells me we're to come to her house when he arrives.
>3:30 - Dre arrives. We get in my car, and go to Trish's house, albiet with a few false turns.
>3:47 - We arrive at Trish's house. Get yelled at for being late. Aren't allowed in house. Dre and I mingle awkwardly outside.Find out that not only is Trish's disliked (on both accounts in my car) 14-year-old sister joining us, she's the reason we're going - not to get things for our cars - in fact she's already GOTTEN everything for her car without me, and we're going to return seatcovers that didn't fit.
>4:15 - Despite all the extra time she had, we don't leave her house until this time. I discover a few things - 1, we aren't going to the Monmouth Mall, which completely destroys my plans of maybe seeing Gaby and Ris and going to the GOOD Hot Topic. 2, we're going to the freehold-raceway mall, which I have no idea how to get to...3, we're going to KEANSBURG and WALMART before we even GO to the mall I didn't want to go to.
>4:16 - Trish takes off in a screech of tires, mad at one thing or another, and I am swiftly finding out that the cars parked on the street are verrrry close to the sides of my car. I can either destroy my mirrors or lose Trish. I chose the latter. Thankfully, I caught up on the parkway. As a sidenote, she knows damn well I'm new to driving and can't drive fast. She later screeches that, what is she supposed to do, go under the speedlimit? As a secondary sidenote, she was speeding a lot of the way.
>4:30 - If I ever have to go to Keansburg again, it will be too soon. I feel dirty.
>4:45 - Arrive, via much lane-dodging and frantic searches for Trish, at Walmart. We are inside about 5 minutes so she can return the seatcovers. I barely even get the chance to glance at the car displays before we're ushered out. Apparently, Trish got in something of an argument with the manager as to the condition of a returned CD and didn't feel comfortable staying.
>5:15 - Arrive at the Freehold mall, where we make a beeline for Hot Topic sales. Halfway through my shopping, they (Trish, Sharon, and Trish's sister) ditch us for the foodcourt.
>5:25 - Go to foodcourt, where we find that Trish's sister has to be home RIGHT NOW. Aka - we have to leave. Sidenote - Trish knew this all along and didn't bother to inform. Pretty much a wasted trip at a mall I had no intentions of going to.
>5:35 - On the way to the parkinglot, I ask Trish what time we're going to seaside, because Gaby's on the phone and I want to invite him. She says around midnight is when we'll be ARRIVING. I have no urge whatsoever to stay so late, so I figure I'll take my car. Trish tells me we're leaving RIGHT THIS MINUTE AND NOT A SECOND LATER and there's no time for me to pick up Gaby. I need to follow her to get home, so there's nothing I can do but abandon my plans of going to see Gaby and follow her. She won't even give me directions to the Monmouth Mall OR Seaside, and she's turned into a total bitch in about 3 seconds.
>6:15 - Back in Matawan, I find out a number of things. 1, gas is expensive. 2, Three other people are coming to Seaside - Brian in South Plainfield, Jacob in keyport, and Jen here in Matawan. Now, Jen's not off shift until 9 and Jacob isn't off shift until 10. South Plainfield is a half-hour to 45 minutes away. Yet, SOMEHOW, there is no time for me to go to the monmouth mall, about 20 minutes away, and pick up Gaby, and still have time to get to Seaside by *Midnight*. Does anyone else see a problem with this logic? Trish refused to cooperate with me on any level, and I was so disgusted with her utter lack of regard for other people at that point that I said fuck it and told them to go without me. I like the boardwalk, but she would have ruined my night entirely.
>7:30 - I decide to go and see Gaby. Get lost a lot. Get bad directions from Gaby and his brother a lot. Eventually find it via trial and error.
>9:00 - I cuddle with Gaby and talk and have a very nice, quiet time, despite the splitting headache that a combination of Trish-logic and my new air freshener awarded me. Gaby massages my temples a lot and fusses over me like a jewish grandmother, which is terribly sweet. He won't let me sleep in my car, but makes me promise to drive home. At the time of making the promise, I *so* did not feel up to driving, but I put some icewater on my wrists and neck and it revived me enough to deal with the concept.
>1:00 am - Home at last. Bed never looked so good.

~Fox
:: Fox 5/25/2003 12:16:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?