:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Wednesday, May 14, 2003 ::

Wow. Okay..been busy.

Lets see...what's happened that's noteworthy. Okay..

Monday - went into school in the afternoon, took my 1st Macro Exam (score still pending) and then went to Brit Lit 2 with Joe Varone...probably my favorite class this semester. He was soooo nice. On our last test, he asked us if there was one book we could get that had the classes' era authors in it, what would it be? We thought it was hypothetical. He went on Amazon.com, got *everyone's* books, and gift wrapped them. How terribly sweet is that? He got me a book of poems by William Earnest Henley, the guy who wrote Invictus. I've been dying to get his works!

Tuesday - (yesterday) woo. What a rush of a day that was. I came in at 8:30 to take my final Macro test (80) and didn't leave that til 11:30 cause I was waiting to get my grade. I was *supposed* to meet with Brian Joseph to study at 10:30, so I had to rush over to the library to meet him. We studied our asses off until 1, then I went over to the SLC (Student Life Center) to see where I had to turn the budget in. Then I immediately had to go to the Math final at 1:30 the next building over, and I didn't leave until about 4 or 4:30. I worked HARD on that test, but I'm almost positive I got 100. At the very least a high A of some sort. RIGHT after the math final, I get a call from Rick, so I have to walk over to Larrison because we need to do the budget. Guess who left it at home? I was so busy studying in the morning that it totally slipped my mind. So now I *have* the budget here, it's due today, and Microsoft excel is SO not working with me. It won't take version XP (downloaded off of kazaa) because my system isn't configured. It won't take version 4.0 (also downloaded) because whatever's on the disk is higher than that and it comes out as gibberish if I try to open it as a text file in the old excel. ::sighs::

On the plus side, the Literary Society (What Rick and I dubbed the English Club) has a CUBICLE. I mean, maybe I'm taking waaaay too much pride in three eye-height padded walls and a desk...but...a CUBICLE. All who know me know what a business freak I am, so this is like my dream. Rick and I are going to *live* in that puppy. We're going to try and get a mini fridge. :) We're already talking about how to decorate it. I might lend my Apollo Printer to the cause. Brian's talking about getting a computer in there. It's kind of like a big-kid clubhouse. I'm so psyched!

Annnnd. My grades have been fantastic this semester, for one reason of another. If things go as I think they will, and I definately believe they will, I will come out of this with 4 As and a C - a 3.6 GPA. I mean, JESUS. A 3.6. ME. Everyone who knows my past and about the various schooling fiascos stemming from the Berkeley-Marco-Bergen-Marco-Baltimore City-Jon-Brookdale-Me timeline, knows this is a massive accomplishment. I mean, even staying *In* for a whole semester, on purpose, is a new thing for me. And here I am toting around 4 A's (I believe). I think this makes me Honor Roll or something. Wow.

Damn, I don't know what to do about this Budget. Maybe Henry can help. He's coming at 11 to come to school with me and maybe sign up for a Summer Class. I had to kick his ass into gear cause he went Awol with the new girlfriend and, even though I still think he's an ass for doing the things he did, he's too nice a person to let atrophy into slackerville. Hopefully I can motivate him into taking a summer course.

I also talked to Tom last night. I can't believe I'm acting as shy as I am. Just seeing him on webcam I break into a grin and have to hide my face. I feel like I'm a kid with a crush! Maybe I am...who knows. I just know that Saturday seems way too far away! He seems just as enthused at the concept of seeing me, which is always a good sign. I'm still kind of waiting for the status quo to catch up and for him to say he's married or something. Good guys never seem to fall into my lap. Ah well, here's hoping he's broken tradition! God he's cute.

Think that's all for now - Ciao!

~Fox


:: Fox 5/14/2003 08:56:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?