:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 ::
Wow. Work is harder than I remember.
At least, food work is. I dunno. At Chesapeake, I worked over eight hours shifts, pretty frequently, and I never really got tired or stressed. I think a lot of it had to do with having someone to come home to. Who knows.
Anyway, my new boss is cool. I like him a lot. It looks like I'll be on my own a lot at the shop - or at least, with fellow employees, but not with him. He's said that he wants to be at the shop consistently for the next few weeks, but he has to go to riverview (medical center) and oversee the shop he's opening there, after that.
7.50 an hour and 8.50 after a month. Best paying job I've ever had. I'm contented. I may have to work for it, but I'm fine working for 8.50, even 7.50 for the time being. I forget what I was making at Chesapeake. I think 6.50. Still, better. Free coffee - even if I don't drink it, I realize what a boon that is.
My feet *hurt*. Eight hours standing upright when you're totally not used to it will absolutely kill you. God knows it did me. I need inserts for my payless wonder sneakers, I think. Hm.
So, yeah. Good money. I really have to register for this damn summer class soon. Maybe I'll take a peek at the website and see what's up with that. I'm going to take micro over the summer.
Oh, and you know what's weird? Apparently, I took 16 credits, not 14 as I had thought. I just did the math the other day, and I don't know what I was thinking to believe it was 14 all this time. No small wonder I'm in Pre-algebra, I suppose....
Well, got some stuff to do, and then I am *so* crashing early.
~Fox
:: Fox 5/07/2003 09:02:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
|