:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Thursday, May 01, 2003 ::

What the FUCK Happened to the separation of church and state?

I am furious beyond words right now. I'm to that point of anger when you want to yell and scream and say so much you just end up stuttering rapidly and growling and gritting your teeth.

There is a group on campus called the 'Campus Crusade for Christ'. I'm pissed enough as it is that it even exists. There was a prayer club in my high school too, and that infuriated me. That aside, they just crossed the line, as far as I'm concerned.

Today is a high holy day for pagans - Beltane, or Mayday. Today is also, apparently the 'National Day of Prayer'. They're outside right now, on a STATE FUNDED CAMPUS, praying and being the good little worshippers of the biblical god. The pagan holiday of Beltane was around loooong before christianity ever entered the picture. It's bad enough they took Yule, Eostere, and Hollowmas from us (Christmas, Easter, and Halloween, respectively) but now they have to screw with Mayday? How DARE they on MY campus. It was through every ounce of willpower I had that I didn't run out there and start screaming at the holy little hypocrites. How does it feel to have a religion proudly bathed in the blood of MY PEOPLE, you MURDERERS? You think we forgot about the crusades? The burning times? Being stoned, impaled, crushed, burned, and hanged to death? We didn't.

My hands are shaking right now with rage. I can barely even type this. I need to go out there and make a sign. Separation of Church and state. I hope they're still out there.

~Fox
:: Fox 5/01/2003 01:15:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?