:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Thursday, May 22, 2003 ::
Today was a weird day.
I dyed my hair, met gene at the school early on (1:30) and had the meeting with him until pretty much 3 on the dot. We covered a lot of ground and, finally, I put it right out there that I expect $400 for this job and no less, as well as an additional $10 for every flower shop I get for him. He agreed, so, score.
At 3 I get to work and Mike is there, his usual chipper self. And then he goes to me "So I hear that I've been yelling at you?". I swear, it kind of creeps me out...I think he's got a tape recorder taped to under the counter or something, or else Barbara isn't as trustworthy as she seems. Long story semi-short, day before yesterday, Kim, the older woman who runs the convenience store and the bookstore next door told me my 'job was to get No Joe's closed as fast as possible' that night. I agreed, mentioning that I would leave stuff for the morning shift to do if need be. Apparently, wires got crossed somewhere and she took it as me giving her attitude (And I swear up and down that there was no way it could have been remotely taken as that.) So Mike calls work the next day, Barbara gives me the phone, and I get greeted with "If you don't like this job, you can walk. I can't have people giving attitude to superiors..." And I'm kind of just staring at the reciever, blinking.
As usual, I explained things to Mike and he immediately retracted the terribly unsettling commentary he just made. (He told me today that he was 'sorry, it was actually Tanya' Kim was talking about, though I don't think that Tanya could have had the EXACT same conversation with Kim that I did, that Mike repeated to me, so whatever....) So I hang up the phone and remark to Barbara that I've never been yelled at so much in a job before. I guess she told Mike, cause Mike brought it up to me. I swear. He should save his breath for when there's an ACTUAL problem. I'm getting tired of this.
Anyway. Everything else is reasonably allright. There's this really cute boy named Gaby (no, I haven't mentioned him before) that comes and sees me every day at work, and has for the past week or so. He's young and a little coltish, but lebonese with a cute accent thing going on. I think he may even be Unicorn bait (!). He's going home in a week though, so it kinda sucks. However, in August, he comes back for good. WHo knows. I'm probably going out with him tomorrow. I started out kind of thinking he was socially inept and not my type, but he's really grown on me. The hugs have been getting longer. :)
A treat for all my female readers. (attn: guys. Naked boy-ass ahead. Don't click.) Mmm..he IS the one.
~Fox
:: Fox 5/22/2003 11:52:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
|