:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Friday, May 02, 2003 ::

Today was, to quote Bill and Ted, a "most excellent day".

Got up early, went to school, met Gene, the guy I'm doing the work for, and we went over things for about two hours. I have a bit of work ahead of me as far as the site goes, but I think I can manage it just fine.

Mom and I drove around and got lost trying to find Lowes, which we eventually did find, and bought our refridgerator (it's coming on thursday yay!) and then went home. (Today was also my mom's birthday, I'd like to add...I got her a garden stone yesterday that says "I don't remember planting this"...she liked it :) )

So then 'Ris came over and we headed our gothed-out butts to the Woodbridge Mall, and proceeded to spend lots of money! (Warning: Boring girl shit ahead. Guys may want to bail.)

Hot topic, I picked up two new shirts: one says "dreadfully ever after" in gold calligraphy, and the other says "don't make me get medieval on you" with a little red mace on it. Both are adorable. I also got a beautiful gothic jeweled hair pin set that I'm going to wear until it falls off.

Payless, I picked up 4 (!) pairs of shoes. Black slide sandals, Sage green leather sandals, tooled red-brown leather sandals, and a great new pair of bowling-shoe-looking sneaks for work. (Me in sneaks! Imagine!)

Easy Pickins, I picked up a pair of $4.00 (!) knee-high black boots and really nice pearl hoop earrings.

Kmart (We only stopped cause the traffic was horrid getting home) I got some new socks I desperately needed and this one-shot hair color streaking dealie that looks cool.

Barnes and Nobles, I got a book on demonology, a book on erotic mythological literature (It's got Maui! :) ) a book called "The guide to hell", and yet another sci-fi/fantasy anthology.

And then, *finally*, we came home, both a little drenched from getting caught in that sudden summer storm.

There's nothing like a torrential summer storm, complete with loud and bright lightning to make you feel alive. I was so very happy, just standing there and getting totally soaked. Ris and I laughed and twirled and shouted in the parking lot...we really are a couple of pagans.

I dislike summer because I get ridiculous heat asthma (Thank GOD I don't have to spend another summer with Jon in Baltimore...) and I hate sweating. Give me fall any day. However, there are certain advantages. Like the storms.

And last night, finding it hard to be cool enough to sleep, I gave my A/C its virgin run for the year. Earlier in the evening, I had cut some lilacs with mom and put them up in my room. So I'm laying there, nice and comfy, a heating pad across my stomach on low to get rid of the persistent stomachache I've been having (I think I had mild food poisoning or something...) and yet still blissfully cool, with lilac-scent all around. Icy lilacs in the dark. It was a beautiful and peaceful moment.

I'm happy. This was a good day.

~Fox


:: Fox 5/02/2003 10:50:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?