:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Sunday, May 11, 2003 ::

::squeak!:: Tom called!

So, I was right...he really did honestly dig me. :-D I missed my chance at another kiss by darting out of the car, evidently, but I've noticed that hit and run manuvers are about as close as I come to having 'mystique'. If I can't leave them wanting, I at least leave them guessing. It's like Nixon's "If you can't convince them, confuse them."

I guess over the years my versions of tipping my hand, speaking dating-wise, have gotten increasingly fast and furious, so it's hard to shake the habit. The isralei guy that was running the kiosk at the mall one day when Ris and I went...I didn't even make eye contact with him. I wrote my number on a tiny slip of paper, no name, and just casually dropped it on top of the shirt he was ironing as I walked by. I didn't even slow down. Ris knows my drills and fell right into step behind me. He probably didn't even realize what the hell was going on until she and I were a parkway exit away. She and I execute hitting on men with such casual ennui that we've all but made it a science.

This guy, however, gets my blood up. I'm all giddy...part of me finds myself appallingly girly..it's like having a junior high crush, the way I've been randomly grinning. I guess it's just elation that makes me this way. It's been awhile since a guy has looked at me and told me with utter seriousness that I was beautiful. I mean, he says he wants to *draw* me, for chrissakes. I don't even *care* if it's a line. It's a beautiful one.

Yeah yeah yeah..barely know him, blah blah blah. I know the drill. I'll save everyone the time of stomping on my spun-sugar dreamings. I can still be happy I met him, if nothing else, even if it doesn't pan out.

Besides. Now I have someone to go see Matrix:Reloaded with next Saturday.

~Fox 'dreamin o' tomcatz' Mackenzie >^..^<


:: Fox 5/11/2003 12:09:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?