:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Thursday, May 01, 2003 ::
Okay, so lucky for the little sheep they left.
I went and lodged a formal complain with the dean over the fact they even exist. I will pursue this to the highest authority available to me if I find out they have funding.
After I cooled off a little, I reason that the CCfC probably doesn't even realize the bloody and horrible past of their religion. They probably don't even realize that they are, just by standing outside en masse, insulting a religion that was old when jesus was just a twinkle in god's eye. I am a torrid wealth of emotion over two issues...one of them being that they exist on a state-funded campus, the other being that they are desecrating one of the only remaning pagan holidays that hasn't been corrupted by their multi-billion dollar mega-corporation-o-brainwashing they call the church. Ahem. Well, I'd like to believe they didn't purposely try and transpose the 'national day of prayer' over our holy day (though I wouldn't put it past higher church officials, who have most certainly done it before...) I still maintain they have no place whatsoever at my school. If people want to wear iconography, fine. If people want to pray by themselves, or even in groups, and they aren't disrupting my studies, fine. But once they start hanging christ-posters over all the doors I have to walk through every day, and if they are indeed funded by the activity fees that I pay with my tuition, it is time for a war. I sat far too quietly and let myself get pagan-bashed for too long.
That unpleasantness aside, I had a very nice day today. Strangely enough, I got a job on campus. It's for the coffee shop they're putting into the new convenience store. They guy runs another coffee shop in Red Bank - No Ordinary Joe's...so I'll be working at the school and maybe occasionally there. I have to get my damn car on the road. Seven fifty an hour, not too shabby.
Tomorrow, I meet with the guy I'm doing the website for to go over some things. Then up to north jersey. Later on, Iris and I are going to the garden state mall to shop for a little bit and then coming home...so hopefully I'll find some sales! :)
~Fox
:: Fox 5/01/2003 08:17:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
|