:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Thursday, May 15, 2003 ::
God I'm beat.
Closing entails:
1.) Breaking down the espresso bar (two 'scoops', you have to separate them from their screens, put each pair in an individual metal mug with solvent and hot water that they don't really fit into, then take a blank 'scoop', flush out each side of the system three or four times, then add solvent and do it three or four more times again, clean the system on each side with a brush, fill a metal mug with water and solvent, run each milk steaming wand through that, wipe the wands off, take the screen and pan from the bottom of the bar out without spilling - which inevitably happens anyway, try and get it over to this little tiny hand sink - the depth of which is less than a quarter of the length of the pan/screen, and the width of which is only about maybe a pan and a half. Then you have to wash and wipe down the pan/screen, and put it back on the bar. Then wipe the entire bar down with cleaner and a cloth.)
Add about eight more steps and an hour's worth of hard physical work to that, and you have my night. I closed alone tonight. And then I come home and find I actually got a B in macro and not an a...evidently my test 2 didn't go as well as I thought. So my average is only a 3.4, which I'm kind of upset over but oh well.
~Fox
:: Fox 5/15/2003 09:31:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
|