:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Friday, May 16, 2003 ::

From the "No Psychos in Monmouth County" Department:

headdie7: hi
headdie7: we are close
foxfyre33: ...close?
headdie7: 23.m...monmouth here
headdie7: what town you in?
foxfyre33: Aberdeen.
headdie7: i am in manalapan
headdie7: u single?
foxfyre33: Sort of, why?
headdie7: i am
headdie7: u are cute
foxfyre33: Did you read my profile?
headdie7: yes
headdie7: y?
foxfyre33: So why are you IMing me, if you read my profile?
headdie7: to talk
headdie7: hopefully hangout...see if we like each other...kinda thing
foxfyre33: Ah. I was referring to the grammar.
headdie7: to the grammar or grammer?
headdie7: j/k
foxfyre33: Hm.
headdie7: so... what are you doing today?
foxfyre33: Weird screenname you have. What does it mean?
foxfyre33: Right now? Working on a website I have to do.
headdie7: i am a smart guy
headdie7: always use my head
foxfyre33: Ah. So it's not a reference to drugs, then, yes?
headdie7: no... hate smell and taste of smoke
foxfyre33: Ah.
foxfyre33: Cool.
headdie7: so... up for a little afternoon break to hangout?
foxfyre33: Listen hon, I'm sure you're a great guy and all, but our similar proximity does not exclude the possiblity of you being a psychopath.
foxfyre33: If I met every guy who IMed me out of the blue and asked to hang out just because he lived in the same county, I'd be in bits and pieces in a freezer somewhere.
headdie7: yeah....but .... reduces it exponentially...no?
foxfyre33: Why would it reduce it exponentially?
foxfyre33: There are rapists and mass murderers in this state, same as any other.
headdie7: just seems like it would
foxfyre33: It's a poor assumption.
foxfyre33: No offense to you, of course.
headdie7: its cool
headdie7: so.. i guss thts a no
foxfyre33: Tonight, it is a no. I'm not saying I wouldn't like to meet you in the future, perhaps.
headdie7: ok
foxfyre33: It's just I haven't the slightest clue who you are.
headdie7: ok

And then he never IMed back. I guess getting to know someone before expecting their trust is too much work?


~Fox
:: Fox 5/16/2003 03:36:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?