:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Sunday, April 27, 2003 ::

Finally got my damn 'net back. Thank god.

It is so frikkin hot up in this attic. Ugh. I may have to block my only window with A/C. Bummer.

Well, of all people, Mark came through for me last night. Let me explain.

First, I get a call from Trish reminding me Sharon's birthday party was that night. However, earlier, Mark called from out of the blue and asked if I wanted to hang out. Well, it was a tossup between the usual stomach-wrenching Trish drama or cuddling with Mark. Idiot that I was, friendship loyalties won out and I went to Applebees in Middletown with the crew.

Well, there's the first mistake. Trish + Theme Restaurant ALWAYS = trouble. So I went, and I didn't even get through the door and two minutes later some girl in the group I didn't know started crying....and we both went to the bathroom where I commenced with the usual 'pregnancy isn't the end of the world' speech once I found out what was wrong. She seemed comforted, though I forgot to give her my number at the end of the night. Girl was only 18. 18! You believe these kids?

So then blah blah blah, Brian was Drunk, Phil came and was an asshole, Trish spent most of the night text messaging on her phone and talking to booty calls, Jen broke into tears at least half a dozen times and lashed out at nearby people, and everything was a huge mess. Jen, bless her heart, drove me home, where I called Mark and told him I was home. He came and picked me up.

We watched 'Sixth Day' (Not a bad movie) until 4, crawled up to bed, and curled up and slept. It was so peaceful. Mark doesn't try and sleep with me, which is nice. I think it's kind of mutually understood we wouldn't work as a couple, but we both take a 'time out' with the world once in awhile and spent a night together. Sometimes someone just cuddling you can make the difference between a hopeless outlook and a quiet determination to keep on trudging.

I'm glad I still have guys like Mark in my life. He and Jowwy, and to an extent, Jay, keep my hope alive that, even if those three aren't my boyfriends, there may at least be more guys like them out there who want a woman for a woman and not as a doormat or trained puppy.

I'm applying to work at the garden manor tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes.

~Fox
:: Fox 4/27/2003 06:54:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?