:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 ::
Wow, last night was crazy.
Well, Henry, this guy I've been talking to through yahoo/lavalife got in touch with me, and I ended up calling him. He had another call, so he couldn't talk, but I chatted with Brian Joseph for awhile, and later on Henry called back, around 11:30.
At 5:30 in the morning, we finally hung up.
It was one of those amazing, all-emcompassing, this-is-my-life-on-the-table chats, the likes of which I haven't had since my very first days knowing Jon. We said things, admitted things, that two people who are trying to date each other normally don't admit, and especially not so soon, but there they were anyway. Problems, blights, issues...everything was there and freely admitted, and I had this amazing sense of flying, like for once I could talk about what I really felt. There was an inherent kinship in our separate sufferings - that we had both been let down and heartbroken by people we had trusted, and lost a certain amount of faith in the human race. In some small way, I think, that even for the space of those scant few hours, we restored each other's hope.
I hope to meet him soon, because at this point I'm fascinated. He looks and sounds like a beautiful person in all ways, and admittedly has all the makings of Puck. Puck, and Loki - Coyote and Maui, my much-loved tricksters. I'm not letting my heart make that fevered jump, because pedestals offer quite the fall. I see this merely as an opportunity to meet a kindred spirit, and if something else should happen, that's great. But if not, I won't set myself up for a tumble.
I'm having a good time in school today - I've been chatting with Valentina and trying to pick up some sign language from her interpreter, and I get to see Brian Joseph once math starts. :)
Also, I have an analogy.
"The effect of President Bush's posturing on war is like to that of a group of people posing for a camera whose flash is malfunctioning. In much the way frozen smiles hurt the face, an eternal state of alert panic hurts the soul. The human being can only affect happiness or terror for so long a time before weariness demands otherwise." ~Fox Mackenzie, 3/11/03
Penny for your thoughts?
:: Fox 3/11/2003 10:14:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
|