:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Sunday, March 09, 2003 ::

Today has been a little better. Beautiful weather outside.

I got up at around 11, and went outside barefoot in my pj pants and a t-shirt and mom was washing the windows of the minivan. Since it was a hand-me-down from Joe, the windows are absolutely filthy with cig smoke, so I joined her and together we scrubbed them clean. It was nice to be outside barefoot with the wind through my hair and not be freezing. Days like these I really do feel like a child of the goddess.

Well, Henry, this guy that found me through the personals, never came back on yahoo last night. I was kind of hoping he would, but he said he "might", so I kind of expected he might be busy. We talked for a little while the other day, and I *really* like the sounds of him. He's right over in Rahway, too, which is nice. He does renaissance faires, specifically tuxedo, which I'm planning on attending every possible weekend this summer anyway. Who knows.

I also got an email today from one of my personals sites:

hey what`s up u sound like u have your head on your shoulder. i`m 6 feet tall,180lbs bald head and chocolate color skin. i`m very intelligent,i have a great sense of humor. i`m looking for a friend. i would like to be your friend.

And this was his profile information:

hello ladies single men seeking a queen. I very romantic and know how to treat a ladie.I have a great sense of humor great personalities. I`m honest, truthful nad fun to be around. I dont have time for no childish games b/c i`m too old for that. If you looking for a men not a boy hit me with a line or two, i`ll always be here respond back to you.No head games please!!!


And bear in mind this guy has an associates degree. You'd think somewhere along the line he'd learn to pick up punctuation and the basic rules of grammar and singular tenses. Maybe I'm being harsh, but I think a huge lack of grammar in emails and profiles, especially those designed to make a good first impression, is a little ridiculous. You *do* have time to sit back and think about things and re-read. Maybe it's just me.

In other news - it's still beautiful out. I might go for another walk today. I wish the ground wasn't so damp or that I had a camping stool, though. Sometimes I just want to sit down in the woods and chill for awhile.

I'm off to surf the net for awhile. Peace and love, all.

~Fox
Penny for your thoughts?

:: Fox 3/09/2003 12:15:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?