:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Wednesday, March 19, 2003 ::
So, I'm here in the second city of sin.
So far, nothing terribly exciting. My flight got so delayed I didn't get in until about 2am in the morning my time, so I was damn tired. I went home with dad after swapping emails with a local I met on the plane, and I slept like the dead.
Tuesday, I stayed indoors all day just kind of enjoying the fact I wasn't home. I went to Barnes and Noble with dad in the latter part of the evening and picked up two new novels and a beautiful set of Shakespeare books.
Today, I chilled at home until 4 in the afternoon and then Dad, Pam (Dad's girlfriend) and I went to Hard Rock Cafe. I wandered around the French Quarter for a bit, dropping by esoterica and picking up some new spellcraft stuff....I find the magical items I buy there to be particularly impressive.
Ah, apparently we're at war. It hasn't really sunk in yet. They make bombing sound like an international ribbon-cutting.
Yeah, I had another five-hour conversation with Henry (I don't even want to *think* what my bills going to look like...) and it was unpleasant. I'm vastly unhappy with the entire situation and there's really no place to put blame. I sincerely doubt that anything is going to happen between him and I, especially in light of what I believe what the course of his actions will be. After getting fucked over royally twice, I don't have a lot left emotionally, but I do have my pride. A very insistent pride that refuses me the ability to be set aside for any reason, which is what's been happening. I'm not taking another woman's leavings for another moment for the rest of my life. I am beautiful, and I am desirable, and there is a wealth of men in the world. I just have to keep telling myself that.
Brian-Joseph is a fantastic friend, by the by. I called him because I really needed someone to talk to, someone to tell me that it's okay to be pissed over all this bullshit. He sat there and listened to me vent and agreed with me and basically had all the righteous anger that I couldn't manage to summon, for me. He should be sainted.
Dad and I are getting along pretty well, but we'll see. Last time the dam broke the night before I was supposed to leave. Here's hoping we can stay off each other's backs for the time I'm here.
I miss home, but I like the new scenery here. It's fantastic to have a fresh perspective. I'm even considering spending an extended period of time here in the summer, and working at the hard rock cafe. We'll see how it goes.
In the meantime, I have to scoot, cause I'm paying by the half-hour. Hope everything's going well, and much love to all.
~Fox
Penny for your thoughts?
:: Fox 3/19/2003 11:45:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
|