:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Friday, March 28, 2003 ::
So I'm here at Rowan.
I was thinking earlier today that the last time I slept over in someone's dorm was when I was dating Carrie, back about this time last year. She was a sweet thing, if a touch arrogant. I should have messed around with her, but I had met Jon at the time and didn't want to ruin any chance I had to date him. Ah...if I had known then what I know now, perhaps there would have been a little more lesbian love in the world. Ah well.
Anyway, Jay came up to visit late last night and slept over, and we got up early to get breakfast at the diner. I ran into Mrs. Zomro, my old choir teacher from high school who, in my junior and senior years, I spent more time with than my own mother because of all the practices I had to attend. She lost her husband very recently, so she isn't doing so well, and I feel bad for her. I'm going to go visit her at the middle school when I get a free moment....maybe even Monday. Who knows. Anyhow, it was great to see her again, and breakfast was really nice. Jay's a nice guy to spend time with, and it was great to have not only breakfast, but a breakfast companion, for a change.
There's going to be a party here in his dorm apartment tonight, he lives here with four other guys, one of which is his twin brother, which is a little hard to get adjusted to. In a weird set of occurances, Dave (1 - who I dated right after Marco) stopped by on wednesday night and hung out with me a little, and now I'm hanging out with Jay. So, back-to-back I've hung out with two twins from different sets, both of whom I've previously dated. Not many girls date two guys with twin brothers in the course of her dating career. :)
It's nice to be around a guy who at least *pretends* that he doesn't have another girl constantly on his mind. I imagine Jay has his own internal stuff to think about and all that, but he's never made me feel second best. It's why I'm spending this weekend here...I need reassurance that I am still attractive and fun to be with and I don't have some kind of horrible curse that forces men to fall in love with the nearest female that isn't me (the waitress, in some cases). And lest you come down on me for "using" Jay, let me assure he understands my intentions, I am not leading him on, and he sure as hell isn't complaining about being used as therapy. :) Hehe...I've become one of those chicks that Maxim talks about - signs that a girls on the skids and needs "reassurance". I'm so lame. :-p
Anyhow, I'm doing allright here. I think that my sense of self has at least been partially restored by getting out of the house for a bit and hanging out with new people. I'm hoping to have a great time tonight. Ciao!
~Fox
:: Fox 3/28/2003 05:52:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
|