:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Sunday, March 16, 2003 ::
Last night was kinda fun.
Dre picked me up around 3, we ate at Don Quixote, and then went driving. We ended up at S'plainfield, at Spring Lake. We got popcorn and fed the geese, who were very pushy fowls, let me tell you. Hissing and honking like feathered english soccer fans.
Then we went to Funtime America and had an absolute *blast*....I love hanging out with Dre because he gets all my jokes, or at least pretends to, and is so damn funny himself. We ended up with a lot of tickets (325) and we got two plastic flutes, this whistle that sounds like a dying car engine and not at all like a whistle, and two very large toothbrushes, which may or may not function as hairbrushes and/or backscratchers. After Funtime, we went to Stop and Shop to drop off two rolls of unidentified film, and ran into Jenna, of the Trish crew.
Dre and I killed an hour wandering the aisles, and I gave running commentary about the state of the merchandising market. It's amazing all the stuff they have in that store. Dre also agreed that we should live together, and that we should have an easter egg hunt. Trish parties are usually unnatural disasters, so we figured we should take at least one into our own hands.
After the supermarket, we (Brian, Jenna, Dre, and I) headed over to TGIF's and met Trish, who rambled on about her latest conquest. I had a decent au jus sandwich and some soup, and then Dre and I headed home. I stopped at the Wellesley Inn cause I had to see if they had any info on shuttles to LaGuardia (I'm still having serious issues getting a ride there monday afternoon - the cheapest I found was $105 not including tolls...) and it was kind of weird being back. The last time I was in there was with Rog, when we first met Labor Day weekend, 1999. It'll be four years this September since I was there, if my timing is indeed correct. Time passes by so quickly. I talked to him the other day. He and Judy are still doing well, and I'm glad he's happy. Despite the fact I left him, Rog is probably the best, most honest guy I know. It's a shame we didn't work out, but sometimes there are things the person you're with just can't give you...
I hope my trip to New Orleans affords some musings, thoughts, or at the very least, a space to step back from my life and breathe. I feel myself sinking back into ennui with school, and I don't want to let that happen. I want to pull at least a B average. I have to write a paper for composition and hope she accepts it, re-write my communications paper, and make four pagelong posts on the english message board (the latter before the 21st!). Yeesh.
Anyhoo, gonna get more laundry done, maybe try and tidy up here a bit. Ciao!
~Fox
Penny for your thoughts?
:: Fox 3/16/2003 12:18:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
|