:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Tuesday, March 25, 2003 ::

I'm on break for composition class right now, and I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt I'm unhappy with it.

The instructor for this class kind of grates my nerves because she just oozes patronizing remarks and looks. I am confident in my writing ability, and if something's wrong with my writing, it's because I'm too lazy to change it. This woman makes me feel like I'm some kind of child that doesn't know proper grammar and expression, and I'm just plain sick of it. We spend the majority of class doing these elementary writing exercises and the rest of the class is spent writing about topics that I'm not only uncomfortable covering, but loathe to do them even under duress. She harps on them in ways that really get under my skin - it bothers me all the more because she *knows* what my subject matter is. How do you come up with a "fun and funky" title for an essay about the time you got raped? And then she looks at me like I'm pond scum because I didn't want to come up with the 17 titles for that selfsame piece that the exercise we were doing required. Can you honestly blame me?

My only saving graces are my friends in the class - Valentina, the girl who I'm trying to learn to sign with, and Brian, a fellow pagan - perhaps the only one in the school I know remotely well. Right now, we're due to get back to class and I loathe it. The entire class feels like she's trying to get blood from a stone.

~Fox
:: Fox 3/25/2003 10:13:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?