:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Sunday, March 09, 2003 ::

Ah, the wonders of technology. This is an actual conversation I had over YahooIM with what is called a "bot". A female-sounding screenname with a "sexy" picture in her profile will try and get you to click the link in her profile, which sends you to a cam porn site and asks for your Credit Card Number for "age verification". A "bot" is a program that parrots back certain responses to the unwitting IMer.

khaliphaphiala: hi
foxfyre33: bot?
khaliphaphiala: how are you?
foxfyre33: bot?
khaliphaphiala: good, I'm Emily
foxfyre33: Bot, bot?
khaliphaphiala: a/s/l?
foxfyre33: Bot! Bot/bot/bot.
khaliphaphiala: Cool.. I'm 23 f
foxfyre33: Bot? Bot bot bot, botbot.
khaliphaphiala: My pic & email is in profile
foxfyre33: Bot?
khaliphaphiala: Want me to turn on my cam for you?
foxfyre33: Bot!
khaliphaphiala: ok, go here to see me.. http://66.33.101.11/girls/khaliphaphiala
foxfyre33: Botbot, botbotbot.
khaliphaphiala: I'll give you a free show
foxfyre33: Bot!
khaliphaphiala: register free first please
foxfyre33: Bot.
khaliphaphiala: email me.. emily@camdoll.com I'll send you a cute pic.
foxfyre33: Botbot.
khaliphaphiala: what's your email?
foxfyre33: Bot.
foxfyre33: Botbot@bot.com

These are sad times we live in.

~Fox
Penny for your thoughts?

:: Fox 3/09/2003 07:10:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?