:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Thursday, February 06, 2003 ::
Yesterday was a nice day.
Professor Keating is a really really entertaining teacher and I barely notice the passage of time in his class, more often than not. I genuinely laugh when I'm there, and the man makes some damn good points. For instance - why should the bride spend so much on a dress she wears only once, and the groom rent a tuxedo that has the chance to be used over and over again?
When I got out of class, mom came and picked me up and I played a bit of Diablo at home, got a load of laundry done, and made the trek to the starbucks plaza to look into the car insurance office there (another one of those stupid things where you have to fill out the damn form and wait a week, despite the fact I went physically to the office and had all the necessary paperwork in hand...) and back for more Diablo. I talked to Laura for a bit, which was nice...we don't get much chance to chat because of our conflicting schedules. I'm still not sure what to get her for valentine's...I mean, any idiot can get roses. I want to get something special. Ditto for David.
This morning I got up by 8 (though I set the alarm for 7, the snooze button is an evil, evil thing..) and got to school, despite really bad traffic, by 8:30 in time for class. I had Macro today, of which I love the current event discussion but hate the graph/math work. It's a pain in the ass and I hate graph paper with a burning passion. I have to do my work in that class. I've kind of been letting it slide.
On the plus side, I got a 92 on my Communications Test on Tuesday, and today I got a 93 on my math test *and* stayed to tutor a guy named Brian for about a half hour after class. I mean, it blows my mind that I'm teaching someone else how to do math. I think I also inadvertently scored major brownie points with the instructor by doing so, as well.
David's coming to pick me up in a bit. I think I'm going to play some games on yahoo or go play on the piano in the "music department" (also known as the basement).
Hope all is well elsewhere in the world...my own little microcasm isn't doing too poorly.
~Fox "darkscarypath(tm)" Mackenzie
Penny for your thoughts?
:: Fox 2/06/2003 03:35:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
|