|
|
:: Tuesday, February 18, 2003 ::
V day was awesome.
Thank god, for once in five years, I finally had one that wasn't a flaming disaster. David came and picked me up and met me at the front door with one of the reddest roses I've ever seen...it was gorgeous! I had to leave it home, unfortunately, but I was seriously happy.
Then we got to the house and Laura had set up a little table in the front room with a bunch of really cute stuff from the 99 cent store. A musical spanish card, fake dewdrop roses, and plastic "love cuffs", as well as 3 of the uber-balloons (the two she got me nearly a month ago are still floating) and a big handful of ponytail holders. I got Laura two candles and a little stuffed kitty, and I got David a nice cigar case from the place in airport plaza.
David took Laura and I out to go see "DareDevil" and he bought us both this big box of chocolate covered pretzels to share at the movie...it was very sweet of him. :) DareDevil was a decent movie, and though we all agreed that it was no feat of cinematic brilliance, we were divided in the characters we rooted for. Laura really liked bullseye, and Dave and I liked Electra and DareDevil, respectively. Then we got out of the movie and they handed us tubes of peanut butter. Yes, you read that right. Apparently, in an ill-advised marketing ploy, skippy decided to put out samples of a "creamy peanut butter snack" that, upon reading the ingredients, turned out to be just that. Creamy peanut butter. A tube of peanut butter. Weird.
Saturday, we woke up late, and eventually Laura got Dave and I motivated enough to get our asses dressed and on a bus to NYC for the peace rally. Wow...talk about incredible. 500 thousand people, all gathered and united under a single cause. I marched, I yelled, I chanted, and I had a great deal of fun, even despite the fact we were being herded. That's just what they did, too. Herded us into city blocks so we couldn't physically unite. Bastards. Ah well. Then we went to a communist bookstore where Laura's parents volunteer and hung out there for awhile, and then we went out for sushi (joy.) where I tried cucumber rolls that tasted like fish and found out that there was roe in my ginger. I was intensely unhappy, but they had green tea ice cream, so it kinda salved the wound a bit. Then we trekked in some *bitter* cold (god it got cold!) and eventually ended up piled like immigrants in the back of Laura's dad's van (hehe..it was fun) and driven to her parent's apartment, where we watched our own groups exploits on cnn and the other channels. Then at midnight, we headed home, I fell asleep on the bus. We got home, and found that julie (dave's mom, who we live with) had adopted a chihuahuah (or however you spell it.) puppy. It was adorable, but totally unneeded in this house, and Dave had a fit. And Dave is the calmest person I know, so I knew he was horribly unhappy, and it made me sad. Thankfully, Julie gave it back sunday, so it's not a problem anymore.
Sunday, it snowed a lot and it was really cold. I smoked a clove on the front steps and we went out to breakfast at the diner, which was still open despite the weather. We brought back the dog, and then Dave and I spent most of the day playing Diablo and Laura did laura stuff. It was an uneventful day, pretty much.
Monday, Laura and I were both up early, so we threw on clothes and went out and romped in the snow together. Well, we shoveled first, but then we romped. We went back to the graveyard we had froliced in during the first snowstorm, where we had written david's name in a (badly drawn) heart in the snow. We tromped through waist-high snow, built a snow tunnel that was about as sturdy as Michael Jackson's grip on reality, and Laura tripped over two gravestones that were buried in the downfall. I got my foot caught in a snowbank on the way home, and now my ankle's scolding me for it. We hopped in the bath together and warmed up because we were both god damn freezing! We were cuddling in bed with David earlier and Julie made pancakes, and wanted us to come eat them. Laura and Dave have a sign on their door that says "keep this door closed at ALL TIMES" and I've never seen julie walk in before, but this was a bad time for her to do so. Laura and I were both clothed, but David was stark naked, and no where near pulling his boxer shorts all the way up when she opened the door and saw. In her defense, she handled it well, just walking out without saying anything, but now all of us wonder what exactly she's thinking.
Thankfully, my classes had gotten canceled yesterday, so I camped out here.
Today, Laura and I were both up early again, and we're writing in our respective diaries. She's cute. :) My classes are canceled again today, which is nice. I'm gonna have a little breakfast and maybe play some diablo. :)
Ciao!
~Fox
Penny for your thoughts?
:: Fox 2/18/2003 11:49:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
|