:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Monday, February 24, 2003 ::

Today started hectic.

It's my own fault in a way, I really should have been in bed by 11 or so last night but didn't actually sleep until about 1. On mondays, I normally get a ride with David to my evening class, which is my only class today, but I've missed two sessions of my Communications course in the past two weeks and had to make them up, which I've thankfully done. It was a *lot* of copying down notes...sheesh. Without the flow of the actual class to dilute it, Prof. Keating's notes are very dense and detailed, which translates to writers cramp! I sat in on his class this morning, which thankfully is a class behind my own so there was at least one set of notes that were presented in a copy-friendly manner. Also fortunately, my class with Prof. Varone isn't until 6 tonight, so there's plenty of time to type out the six pages of new notes that I've gotten from Prof. Keating, study for the test for him I'm making up tomorrow at 4:30, and still find time to catch up on my Brit Lit reading. I'm also meeting Gabe in a half hour...I'm going to go in a moment to go make myself presentable...I kind of threw on whatever I could find this morning in my sleepy haze.

David is picking me up from class tonight and we're going to go out to dinner somewhere near my house. He's bringing me back my renaissance dress so I get to show it off to mom. I don't know...I guess I'm still kind of flighty about the whole subject of Dave and Laura right now - it's sort of a sore spot that's still healing up. I'm still unsure what to make of it, except that we all seem to have suddenly developed fairly large problems with one another concerning fundamental issues. I mean, I know the whole "honeymoon's over" mentality, but this, even for me, seemed kind of sudden. I will admit to having appreciated my life, sans people crammed in it, a lot more lately after spending so much time away from home. Not that Dave and Laura aren't great people, but Laura's right about sometimes having someone around all the time can drive you a little crazy. I never agreed with the concept of "taking things slow" after you've already all thrown in headlong...to me it seems a gigantic step backwards. In this case though, taking it slow means considering other options, which I have been.

I'm looking forward to dinner tonight, in any case...I think it will go well. For now, I have to go brush out my hair and try and wash the sleep still lodged in my eyes away. Chris says Gabe is an awesome guy, so I'm happy to be meeting him...wish me luck!

~Fox
Penny for your thoughts?

:: Fox 2/24/2003 01:04:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?