:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Monday, February 24, 2003 ::

Hmmm.

Gabe is a really cool guy. I hope he'd like to hang out in the future, but he seems something of a busy guy, and our schedules don't exactly mesh. He also smokes up a few times a week, which I did not know...I don't think I would have gone through all the trouble of meeting up with him, had I known. I'm willing to hang out with him because he doesn't perscribe to the "culture" that so irritates me with most of those who choose to partake. So far, outside of my family, he's the only one who admits to that sort of thing that I'm willing to be around again voluntarily. I'm in a sensative mood about it again because this guy I was chatting with about music from california for awhile over webcam and mic turned out to be (who, bear in mind, knew my stance on the subject and also knew I was using a school comp) , and decided to IM and cam me today in the library to show me how he gets high, and then couldn't understand why I immediately broke the feed and got upset with him. Idiots sometimes, I swear...

David apparently has office hours and is going to be late picking me up tonight, if he's even still coming. ::sighs:: I talked to mom earlier and she's going to be even later than David, so it looks like I'm going to be racking up another 2 hours in this hellhole, no matter what. It wouldn't be so bad except I've been here since 8 this morning, so I clocked 13-14 hours today on campus. Spending time in any place that is not my room or does not hold the promise of carnal relations, for over 12 hours, is far too much for my brain to handle. I realize that "real" college students may do this all the time...I'm just saying it sucks for yours truly.

So, yeah. Tomorrow is math and...what the hell do I have tuesday...ah, composition, which I also haven't been to for two weeks, but the instructor never wrote me back. One of the absenses was snow absenses, so I'm not going to get myself worked up over it. I was primarily concerned with Prof. Keating's class because that was two actual absenses (both because, at least in part, of snow).

Prof. Varone's class wasn't too bad tonight...I drew some with colored pencils because my inner child needed an outlet. Just scribbles, but sometimes they can be quite satisfying. I have to start my semester research projects for Communications and Brit Lit pretty soon....I think I'm doing Byron for Brit Lit and probably managing to tie in marketing to whatever I write for communications....maybe something like "The art of the commercial" and tie it into our listening unit. Who knows.

I've been talking to Craig, this guy from Great Britan, over Yahoo IM lately. We have amazing discussions about not-really-anything...just joking and laughing and making fun of each other over cam. He lightens up my spirits a lot when my day sucks. He wants me to come visit him for spring break, but it's just not doable. If I fly over there, Dad will have a cow when he finds out I'm staying with a guy, let alone one I don't know very well, and of course he'll probably say something along the lines of: I'f I'm spending money for a plane ticket, why not just come to louisiana? I don't know what's happening with Dave and Laura for spring break...I don't really think they want to spend it with me, in all honesty. Now that Laura no-tell-me-how-you-really-feel laid it out for me, I've been distanced and somewhat left to my own devices. I'm doing allright, I suppose. I got a little sniffly last night coming down from the caffine kick of my pills, but Craig listened to me bitch for awhile and made funny faces over cam so I felt better. I guess the key to being stable lies somewhere with friends - the notion is a comforting one. Andre is coming to spend time with me tomorrow...and Chris and 'Ris both will want to hang at some point in the week, I'm sure. Maybe I do have friends after all.

~Fox
Penny for your thoughts?


:: Fox 2/24/2003 08:38:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?