:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Thursday, January 02, 2003 ::
YAY!
The house-closing dude finally came by tonight. So, after being dicked around since September, a bunch of cancelled appointments and lousy paperwork by the mortgage people, Mom and Joe finally have the refinancing done. They're getting a bunch of money direct deposited in their account by this time next week, so yay!
This means Joe can get a new van soon, Mom will get the minivan, and I FINALLY friggin get the volvo. And I swear to god if ANYTHING gets in the way of that, innocents will be slain. I've waited long enough for a damn car of my own. My car pimping party is imminent. People will come and beaded seat covers WILL be had.
I'm so excited, thinking what I'm going to do to it. It's ridiculous, the pride I have for that car. I'm acting the way the italian boys around here do about their souped-up sports cars. I'm going to get these flashy lighty things that attach to the air valves on your tires so they look like they're all lit up when their spinning. I'm gonna get a bunch of yards of black velvet and make seat covers so at least the inside of my car doesn't look retarded. It's gonna be GOTH, damnit. It's really hard to goth out a tan volvo that's probably older than I am and has 215k on it, but I'm sure as hell gonna try!
Hmmm...whatelse. I've been cleaning up my room and I've moved some stuff around...it doesn't look too bad, actually. I'm content with it. I may eventually get a daybed or a futon for the attic, which I've also been cleaning. I'm hesitant about a futon because it seems like they always get all icky and nasty cause they're basically giant sponges that you can't really wash. So I may just go the daybed route.
Tomorrow, I'm going over to Brookdale to see what's required for all this college stuff. The way I figure, it will be about 1500 a semester, counting books and all that jazz. As long as I have that and my car insurance, I should be just fine. Mom's giving me some money from this refinancing, too, so that should pay for either a semester or my car insurance for at least six months. I really hope things go okay tomorrow at college. It's weird...this is my fourth shot, and I still retain a little of the "oh my god I'm going to college" excitement. I think, at this point, it's more of excitement at going back to school, but I'm happy in either case. It'll be a great chance to maybe make some friends...now that I have a car, maybe I can actually have a social life...OooOooOo.
I've gotten good reviews of Brookdale, both from my friend John in Red Bank and several people on the message board. John and a few others vouch for the academics, and still others vouch for the cafeteria, library, and extracurricular activities.
You know what's funny? If I had just gone to Brookdale like I wanted to, after High School, my life would have been so very much better. I never would have met Jen (who I am glad I met, regardless) and therefore would have never met SOD, never have struggled with an Ephedrine problem, never met Rami, and through him, never have met Marco *or* Jon, and through THEM, never have had to leave home twice, leave two jobs, and leave three colleges.
Wow. I should have just gone with my fucking instincts.
~Fox "20/20 hindsight and considerably worse foresight" Mackenzie
Penny for your thoughts?
:: Fox 1/02/2003 06:47:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
|