:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Wednesday, January 01, 2003 ::

Woohoo..happy new year!

Yeah, so...as usual, as all things go when they involve trish, nothing went as planned.

Andre came and hung out with me around 3, and we went to McDonalds (to honor his scottish heritage, of course). We were loud and rowdy (for us) and laughing our asses off a good 90% of the time. I love Andre...he totally rocks and we so have to hang out more. We terrorized eckerd after that and made fun of the leftover christmas toys that no on bought, and then on to Trish's house for another fucked up New Year's Eve.

So we get there, Trish is asleep. We prod her until she awakes, very grumpily. She starts ranting about Vicki (Andre's girlie who's also a friend of one of Trish's sisters, which is why she was there) going home and then all the way back for no reason and blah blah blah. So I'm thinking, greaaaaat. Off to a good start.

Then random people show up, we picked up and brought back Dave, and in the house were Trish, Her two sisters, Andre, Dave, Vicki, Jen, Sharon, and at one point Brian. So, a pretty packed house, all in all. Then Rob (Ruiz) came to pick up Sharon, who he's now dating, from Trish's house and she like, went all Jr. High Drama and is all like "Keep him away from me, I'll fucking punch him" and yada yada yada. So he's your ex. He's my ex too. She maintains she dislikes him because she's got this idea that Rob went away to jail for child molestation when it was really drug charges (and he's been clean for quite awhile anyway) and she will not sway from this idea. Personally, I think it's just jealousy her best friend is dating her ex. She and I argued about Rob and her attitude after he left, and I very nearly went home right there. She can be very close minded, just like me. That's why we can only take each other in small amounts.

So Rob picks up Sharon, Brian picks up Jen, and everyone else disperses. Onstage: Me, Dave, Andre and Trish. No where to go, as usual...because Trish never ever plans anything properly and couldn't find a single party for us to go to. So, with a trunk full of various liquors (sealed, we're not stupid) it was left to me to call around and try and find a place. I talked with Alex, who was having a party at his friend's up in Bridgewater, but being as only 1/4th of our party members were legal drinking age, the host wasn't too keen on us attending, so I thanked Alex anyway and promised him lunch one day soon, and scrolled through my phone list some more.

There's a guy I met on lavalife, Mark, who called me and invited me and the crew over to his place in Fords, which I thought was really sweet of him, being as we'd never met in person before and only talked on the phone a couple of times that day. So, after a dinner stop at TGIFridays, we all managed to get up to Fords, with only a minor almost-running-out-of-gas incident on Trish's part. We found the place, and it was damn awesome, IMHO.

There were metal (music) posters all over the walls, and there was a christmas tree (tastefully, actually) decorated with car parts and headlight bulbs (all the guys who hang out there are into auto restoration and the like) and the place was damned immaculate. You'd have thought a team of neat-freak girls lived there, not two guys. I give Mark and Bob major props for keeping the place in such nice shape...

So..there was a crowd of about 12 when we got there, three girls and the rest guys. They were all good friends, so it was an extremely homey atmosphere...very laid-back and comfortable. I felt like I knew all of them within the first 5 minutes. So, of course, Trish freaked.

She went out to the car on the pretense of getting something, and a half hour later, I sent Dave out to check on her. 15 minutes after that, I went out myself only to find that she'd gotten "cold feet" about the whole party (mind you, it was 11:30 at this point) and didn't want to stay. Well, to be honest, at that point, I'd just about had it. I told her "Fine, go ahead, but I'm staying right here". I'll be damned if I was going to ring in the new year in Trish's car on the way back to Cliffwood Beach. Andre and Dave looked pretty uncomfortable about the whole thing, like they wanted to stay, but weren't really comfortable staying, so I made it easier on them and asked Mark to drive me home, when all was said and done. He said it was fine, so I sent the guys and trish home. I don't think I did a bad thing...I found us a party when Trish fell through, and she had to go and be all weird about it. Whatever. She even made me go back in the house and get her liquor because she was too chicken to get back in. I was a bit pissed.

I was dressed to the nines, all gothed out with my collar and a new set of black feather victoria's-secret-esque Angel wings and my makeup done nice and the whole bit. I wanted to kiss someone at midnight, cause I just found out about the whole "tradition" this year of grabbing someone to kiss at the hour. It was my crusade, as Andre called it.

Andre sent me a cool letter today, with the quote of 2002 in it, pertaining to his first impressions of the party...

"Oh, and I hope your little guy crusade worked out well. YOu had the angel wings and shit going hehe...when I walked in their I saw like 90 dudes with long black hair, I was like "wow, a Cheryl mating farm."

That got a damn good laugh out of me.

So, anyway, they all left and I settled in for a wonderfully pleasant evening, despite it's beginnings. I got along fabulously with the girls there and everyone was joking and laughing, doing jello shots and marvelling at the hard cider I brought (Thankfully, Trish did come through on that front.) At Midnight, we all counted down with Dick Clark (or someone like him, I was already into the hard cider at that point) and when the ball dropped, I laid one on Mark, who returned it with a touch of shyness. I finally got to do this whole tradition-I-was-not-aware-of. Very nice.

So the party packed up and ventured out into the night to their respective beds, and Mark and I sat up and watched stand-up and talked. I ended up sleeping over (it was just too damn late to be out on the roads) and crashing in his room, and we talked until far too early in the morning, covering everything from our respective romantic failures to 80's music to our plans for the future. He was surprisingly easy to talk to, and I had to keep reminding myself that I did in fact only meet him that night - it felt like I'd known him a great deal longer. Morning came, we grumbled and hit the snooze button several dozen times, made fun of each other's morning hair (he has long hair too) and he drove me home. We're probably going to hang out Saturday or somesuch.

Wellll..that's about it, folks. I also got my Driver's License, finally. It's SO off center it's not even funny. I'm only in 1/4 of the picture, and it's a very bad angle. Ah well, guess I'm in the "bad photo" club officially, now. I'm wearing my bondage collar in the picture. :)

As a side note....I've been blogging a damn *year* now. Over a year. Like, a year and a month or so, now. Crazy shit, right? I've been posting my hopes, dreams, vices and failures on this little piece of technology with you for over a year now. I've realized how liberating writing can be, especially when it's something as poignant as my very own life, put under a microscope, and fully expressed by the only one who can ever really understand it.

You, my readers, have seen me through numerous heartbreaks, heart aches, jobs, colleges, life changes, aborted missions, and for that I thank you. Thank you for giving me the room to be me and bearing with my misspellings, misquotings, misstatings and misnomers for all this merry old time.

An especial thank you to my good friend BondageSpider, who reads me more faithfully than anyone I'm aware of.

May 2003 be a better year, in all ways, than it's predecessor, for all of you and me!

With love;
~Fox MackenziePenny for your thoughts?





:: Fox 1/01/2003 01:15:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?