:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Thursday, January 16, 2003 ::
So last night was cool.
I talked with Mike from Cali for awhile...he's sounding a little better. He's been depressed lately and we hadn't talked in a long time, so it was good to hear his voice and have him sound a bit more upbeat than previously. I'm hoping he'll come to visit me one of these days...I want him to check out how cool the east coast is and see his DDR skills firsthand. :)
We were going to play D2 at around 1 am, but I had to sign off. Mark called me and asked if I wanted to hang out, and being as I wasn't really tired, I was like, what the hell.
He, Bob and Samir came and picked me up with a not so subtle rev of the skylark's engine outside the house and we were off to sayreville, hitting a quickchek en route and getting a big fake-ghetto $ necklace for bob to "pimp". It was pretty god damned funny. We headed back to the house and BSed for awhile, and Mark schooled me in the old Resident:Evil graphics vs. the new Resident:Evil graphics, and I have to say the difference is pretty remarkable. At around 4, he and I crashed up in his room again and talked til all hours about everything. I really kinda like the guy, actually. After New Years, I had asked him out but he turned me down because he said he wasn't ready for a relationship yet (he was fresh out of a breakup too) so we figured we'd just hang out and see where the future led. Whatever we are now, it's nice. I got someone to talk to from time to time, someone to hang out with if I'm feeling lonely. I think people are right about titles fucking everything up, sometimes.
Anyhow, I dunno. I guess I'm still single for the time being unless he asks me out, but I'm not looking as hard for a guy these days. It's a combination of kinda liking him and being burnt out on dating in general. I've really kept my social calendar crammed since Jon and I broke up, and I guess I'm just plain tired at this point. I'm ready for a break and I have to start focusing on school a little more. It's going to be uber important that I pay attention in my stupid math class, especially. Yeesh. 5 days til class starts. Crazy shit!
~Fox "Here we go again..." Mackenzie
Penny for your thoughts?
:: Fox 1/16/2003 01:02:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
|