:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Sunday, January 26, 2003 ::
Okay...so, lots of stuff.
My communications professor, an older man, seems to be pretty cool, if a bit nit picky. There will be a considerable amount of work for the class, but I think I'm pretty well prepared.
My MacroEconomics professor, a woman, is really cool and talked about marketing for a lot of the class, so I think I'll be fine. My only complaint was that I got a whirlwind course in graphing in like, 15 minutes. It went fast, but I understood it - maybe I'm getting a little better at math?
My pre-algebra teacher is godawful and makes me want to bludgeon myself in the head with my own textbook repeatedly. I will *never* understand why they always put teachers that can't fucking speak English in a class where there's a much higher chance of everyone being clueless about the course material to begin with. I mean, this is the third time this has happened in a collegiate situation. The last guy, at Bergen Community, was an older asian man and one could very easily assume that he was simply senile and had wandered into the classroom and started scrawling what might have been numbers on the board. And they're always *cheery*. You do this, and then this, OK? And then do this, OK? OK! This new teacher's "word" is CHECK. He says it after every function he writes down and I wish he would just abandon the pretense and run his nails down the board. Oh, and he just *loves* the phrase "Just say ok". You get this? No? Just say ok. Maybe he has an asian cousin....
My life is pretty cut-and-dry right now. I go to school Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. David picks me up Thursday night. Friday, Saturday and Sunday I spend up north here with them. Apparently, they go to a LOT of parties. Not like, rowdy beer-bong parties, but social gatherings that lead to interesting conversations until 3 am. I like hanging out with older people, because they don't feel they need half a bottle of stoli in them to start philosophizing. We went to a housewarming party (well, apartment warming) for Laura's friend Tony K. and it was very nice. He has good taste in art - I spied a copy of "The Accolade" putting my coat away. I had a hard cider and just kind of soaked up the atmosphere. I talked with Gigi, Tony's girlfriend, about the chorus situations at Rutgers, which I plan on transferring to. Apparently, they have regular choirs and several acapella groups, so I'm very happy about that. David is going to tell me more about them, too. There's a group called Orphaned Sporks. That's the one I wanna join. ;) From the apartment warming party, David and I took our leave for a bit and went to an open mic at a place by the Rutgers campus, whose name escapes me at the moment. I had a fantastic time and I got to sing some beatles songs with a wonderful guitar player, Nick (His Website) and a big group of other people. There was a guy with a..er...it was a large standup stringed instrument and I don't want to mis-name it. It was played with a bow. I could kick myself for not knowing the proper name, you'd think of all people I'd know music stuff. Anyway, it was a lovely set of impromptu performances and David's promised to take me to more open nights. Damn good chai there, too.
Right now, David and Laura are still zonked out cause we got home at 4. I'll never understand why my body doesn't ever want to sleep in. Ah well.
I think I'm going to write Mark and see if he wants to hang out tomorrow. I've been neglecting him.
~Fox Mackenzie
Penny for your thoughts?
:: Fox 1/26/2003 11:13:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
|