:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Saturday, January 04, 2003 ::
Been doin stuff online.
Cyber window shopping...it's an interesting exercise in materialism vs. monetary futility.
So far, I want pretty much everything on this page in sterling silver. Mmmm. *Especially* the "amor vincit omnia" ring. How incredible.
I've also been drooling a considerable amount over all things John William Waterhouse...my absolute favorite painter of all time. Leighton and Dicksee are a close second, but overall, I'm completely infatuated with Waterhouse - especially his "Siren Seducing a Young Man" and "Mermaid".
I've decided I'm going to be more well read this year. That's my new year's resolution. I'm starting with Tricky Business by Dave Barry, Red Unicorn by Tanith Lee and Stardust by Neil Gaiman - all of which I have yet to procure. I finished "Chicks and Chained Males" today...it's part of the "Chicks in Chainmail" Anthology series. I'm halfway through "The Chick is in the Mail", too.
I listed an extra anthology I had on Amazon.com for sale. It looks to be a pretty effective way of unloading books, so I think I'll root through all my stuff tomorrow and see what's in decent enough condition to unload. Or I might just put them all in the car and go to Second-hand prose over in keyport one of these days...my only issue with that would be the fact that you can only get store credit, and they rarely have any books I'm interested in. The place is tiny!
So, yeah. That's about it. Ris and I might hang out wednesday, and monday I'm going to wayne to watch Jowwy graduate. That should be fun :)
Ciao.
~Fox Mackenzie
Penny for your thoughts?
:: Fox 1/04/2003 09:02:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
|