:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Sunday, December 22, 2002 ::

Well, a mixed night last night.

Jeff came and found me after about an hour of fruitless searching, the poor thing. He finally came and picked me up after a ten-minute guidance phone call from yours truly. I actually got him here off of 34 in keyport! I'm so proud of myself. :)

We then went to his friend's house and loaded up an SUV with people, continuing on to The Saint in asbury. Amazing show. It was Particle Zoo (Jeff's fav) Planet Janet (my fav) Amber Brown Vision, Hero Process, The Blakes, and one other I can't recall at the moment. Jeff stood next to me the whole time...he's a really nice guy that I swear I've met before...it turns out we have oodles of common friends and it's a wonder we never met before now. He has a band of his own he plays guitar in called Wild Zero...I met his bandmates and they're good people. His friend Greg looks so much like Ewan McGregor that I was double-taking all night. Poor guy probably thought I was making eyes at him...I was just so *fascinated* I couldn't help it. I explained to Jeff at the end of the night, cause I didn't want him thinking that I was making eyes at Greg. ::laughs::

We hit a diner afterwards (Middletown, because there was a damn *wait* at the broadway in red bank) and I had a massive plate of curly fries and a good time was had by all.

However, at the club, I got two phone calls. One of them was mildly sad...turns out David is sick and won't be stopping by today. I wished him well and I hope he gets over his cold soon...they're awful things this time of year.

The other was one that I'm still both fuming and disturbed over.

Jess, my friend, set me up with one of her exes over a year ago. It was a recipe for disaster anyway...he was an arrogant prick and I was on the skids from Dave #1 anyway. Long story short, he did something to me I should have reported, but talked myself down from cause I'm an idiot.

Well, he calls me last night. He sounded drunk and started telling me he's gay now, and he's sleeping with men, but now he has HIV and needs money, so he's starting a collection...I don't know. Last night, I was worried, but today I'm pissed off. The whole damn thing is some kind of joke to him. I told him in no uncertain terms the amount of pain that would be inflicted on his person if he ever even imagined calling me again.

That aside, and I do apologize for the segway into negativity, the evening was wonderful, and Jeff is an amazing guy. We might hang out again tonight - here's hoping!

~Fox "Finally Went to a Damn Show" Mackenzie


:: Fox 12/22/2002 11:57:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?