:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Sunday, December 29, 2002 ::

Well, had a very tiring day today.

I feel very badly because I went into the city today, and I had a date with Dave. We made the date awhile back, and I hadn't heard from him since, so I wrote an email and called, just to make sure we were still on. His cellphone didn't get picked up or switched over to voicemail, and the email never got returned, so I assumed either he'd forgotten, or I'd mis-written sunday as saturday on my calendar. It so happened that I had an offer to come into the city and sing for a friend of mine that wants vocals done on his CD, and it's about as close to a job as I'm going to get at the moment, so I went.

What a damned nightmare.

Aside from *intense* guilt that Dave had, in fact, driven all the way from Livingston and I wasn't there, I got hopelessly lost for two hours in the subway system. I ended up at Jamaica Station, which Stan (my musician friend) later told me was the furthest I could have possibly gone before Long Island. Yep. Leave it to me.

So I get going back the way I came, to catch the "L" I had originally misplaced. I get to the connection point aaaand...they're working on it. So I gotta go outside and wait for some "shuttle bus" that didn't come for another half hour, meanwhile freezing my ass off. People were packed into the bus like sardines and it was most uncomfortable. Finally we ended up where we were supposed to be, and I found the "L".

I take it to the proper stop, and then spend 15 minutes on the phone with Stan trying to figure out where the hell I am...he eventually ended up having to come down from the studio and find me. He finally located me and we went back up together...by now it was 5:30 and I had come INTO the city at around 3. Two and a half hours just to get into brooklyn! Crazy shit. We bullshitted for awhile, he tested my range, and we listened to some music. Glad to say I still got about 3 octaves. Guess my vocal chords aren't as bad as I imagined. I've been worried, since I haven't really sung "pro" since about two years ago.

We got some Thai food after that, which was *really* freaking good. I like the restaurants in the village a great deal! I brought some home that's waiting in the fridge for lunch tomorrow...yummm...

So I hopped an 11:51 train back home, and got back by 12:30 or so. And here I am, safe and sound. Quite a day. I have to remember to send an apology card to David...I feel really awful.

Alex...you were right dude. Ha! I should listen to you more often.

~Fox "Sleepless in Matawan" Mackenzie



:: Fox 12/29/2002 01:42:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?