The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck...
:: bloghome
| contact
::
I've jeeeest about had it with these damned dating websites.
I'm on match.com, date.com, yahoopersonals.com (which I'm paying for but the site's all weird and they won't get back to me regarding a technical problem) hotornot.com (I've had the most successes here), and lavalife.com.
Lavalife is my new favorite, and I'm on it a good deal. I've yet to meet anyone from there, but I might meet someone from the city one day soon, louis, a photographer I've been talking with.
My profile on lavalife reads as follows:
I am a cubic zirconia in the rough! I'm in search of a new friend, and hopefully more, to make the season bright - cause let's face it, christmas alone really sucks. I'm a caring and giving person, spontaneous and funny, and just a touch of wild. I'm the girlfriend who will remember the stuff you don't, keep you continually amused, and come over with chicken soup when you're sick. I also have a bit of devilry mixed in with my semi-angelic nature...you know you want to find it.
LIKES:
Long Hair! - (mmm). Dreads and mullets don't count! My hair is well kept, yours should be too.
Pagans! - Read: "not wiccans". I'm looking for the people who understand there is no "black" or "white" magic. Burnt out hippies grate my nerves.
Singers! - The key to my heart is a c sharp! I swoon for a guy who can sing (in key).
Goths! - Drug free goth boys. Yum.
DISLIKES:
Drug Users - for the love of god I can't stress this enough. If you smoke pot, do E, drop acid, whatever - don't waste my time. I'll ignore you. I've never tried drugs and I'm looking for someone who hasn't either.
Men over 26 - Please guys, I'm 20. Don't bother writing, smiling, etc. I'm not interested in you if you are over 26, and I really don't care how young you "look".
Dads - I love children, but I don't date fathers. Period.
Smokers - the only one of these that is negotiable. I'm asthmatic to a point, and I'm trying to keep the condition under control, which means limited exposure to cigs. Thanks!
Cheaters and habitual liars - do I really have to explain?
U is not a word. Nor are ur, r, and 2. If you type like this, don't bother getting in contact with me. I like people that bother to make an intelligent impression.
I'm foxfyre33. TAG! YOU'RE IT! Come find me.
It seems pretty clear to me. The stuff I have in bold are the parts I feel are the clearest. They're the most important to me, so I made sure to give them enough explanation to be easily understood. And what do I get?
I am not kidding you when I say I get at least 20 IMs an hour (through an imbedded prog in the lavalife site, most of them can't figure out Foxfyre33 is my AIM name) from guys that are either way too far away, way too old, or both. And if they aren't that, then they have NO idea how to express themselves or type beyond the most basic of vulgar suggestions. And I can't stand when they send their pictures, and I'm expecting a face, and BAM, there's a dick filling up my screen. Real classy. And let me tell you, some of these guys aren't helping their case by posting *any* kind of pictures. Some people I just want to smack. Why bother posting a picture where the lighting's so bad your face can't even be seen? Or with your arm around your ex girlfriend, or worse yet, the hooter's girls? Come on guys, have a little common sense, will you?
And I am SO SICK of people taking it personally when I say I won't date anyone who uses drugs.................... IT'S MY FUCKING CHOICE. Do I come to your house and take a baseball bat to your bong, assholes? NO. I don't FUCKING lecture people on what they should and shouldn't do, and I haven't since Marco. What you want to do is your own god damned choice, but for the fucking love of GOD don't waste my time by leading me on in a dating fashion when you know full well I'm unwilling to accept it. And everybody wants an explanation, and THEN they have the NERVE to tell me, at least some of them, that my explanation's not good enough. Go fuck yourselves! I don't owe you anything, LEAST of all an explanation. It's my explanation, my choice, and my right, and you have absolutely no business saying otherwise.
::pants for breath:: Okay, that's my hostility quotient for the day. It's just been building up awhile, and sincere apologies to my "regular" readers who I may have set a bit aback. You know my usual tones...I'm just pretty worked up over all of this.