:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Friday, November 22, 2002 ::
Well, my interview went okay.
I just faxed over my resume and contacts...included people from my old job...hope they don't screw me over. I trust them to tell the truth and not trash me...we were friends. So, with any luck, I'll be hearing from my potential new bosses on monday.
I caught a cab to the interview by a stroke of luck, but I decided, foolishly, to walk home. Boy was that a mistake. Got caught without a coat in a downpour. I ducked in to the Buttonwood to treat myself to lunch...chicken parm...which was less than exciting. Finally home now, and in dry clothes, and feeling much better.
I'm really looking forward to meeting Alex tomorrow. We've been talking pretty much every night, and I like what I hear. I'm afraid of my indosyncrasies, that they'll scare him away or something. Hope I don't manage to mess things up.
Rob Ruiz, of all people, stopped by today. An old friend and sorta-ex, he had been locked up for about three years until recently. I'd wrote him as often as I could, trying to lift his spirits and keep him on the straight and narrow. He says I helped, and for that I'm glad. Problem is, I can't stand to be around him for a very long time. He has this slanged way of speaking that really tries my patience...calls me "hun" all the time too. Pisses me off. I'm glad he stayed clean and out of trouble, in any case.
Alex is headed out with friends tonight...promised to call me later. Guess we'll have to figure out something else to do...it's going to be way too muddy tomorrow for horseback riding. Probably just hang out here. There isn't much to do around here on a rainy saturday, that's for damned sure.
~Fox "rainy day blues" Mackenzie
:: Fox 11/22/2002 04:51:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
|