:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Saturday, November 30, 2002 ::
Things are a bit more stable, here on the unhappy homefront.
I've been secluding myself in my room because, well, there's nothing else *to* do in this shithole town.
Brian (crazy brian from the trish crew) came to my resue last night and we went out on an evening of viking-ness (complete with soundtrack!) that included the menlo park mall, a green platypus, a visit to a pet store, and a jaunt to Wayne to see Adam, who was very happy to see me.
Seems silly to go and see him when he's just coming here on Sunday, but hey. I get an idea stuck in my head and it drives me crazy until I see it to fruition. Soooo..we went and saw him and hung out with Oliver, Jow, and Athy and played Metroid Prime and drew stuff on the laptop. Well, I didn't participate in drawing or the playing, being as I'm terrible at both. However, I did still have a good time and get a lapful of Adam!
Brian's really cool. We so should hang out more. He's an absolutely insane driver, but man does he crack me up. You never know where a jaunt in his car is going to end up.
Speaking of cars, Derrick is bringing "The" Car around for me to peruse on Monday. I'm excited! I mean, 1500 is a lot of money, but by god, I seriously need a car, and if I wait for this mythical financing bullshit in which I'm supposedly going to get the volvo, I'm going to get screwed again. I should learn, after 20 years and three imaginary cars, that my mom lies a lot. So I have. I'm going to get a cavalier..yayyy. A 92 with 140k on it. Brian scoffs and says the mileage is too high, but we'll see. I desperately need a car, and need to learn how to handle driving, or I'm never going to get out of this rut I'm in.
Wow. I mean, my own car. I get to put stickers in it and a blanket and pillows if I want to...and it has a CD player...and just..wow. I'm so psyched. I can come and go as I want to, now, and maybe even get a decent job. I don't care if it's nonsensical to get a car before I get a job, I need one for fuckin sanity's sake. I'm the only 20 year old I know who doesn't drive. Mom doesn't help, either. She won't even let me touch the volvo, and Joe is completely unwilling to go along anywhere with me so I can legally drive it. I swear, they're TRYING to turn me into a 30 year old loser who still lives at home. Fuck that. I'm gettin me a caaaar...aw yeah.
I'm going to go look up pictures of my new (hopefully!) baby on the net. I want to get a general idea for the size of the car.
Bai!
~Fox "Gone in 60 seconds" Mackenzie
:: Fox 11/30/2002 11:43:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
|