:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Sunday, November 17, 2002 ::
Mom and I went shopping today, which is always fun.
Walmart, ghetto though it may be, actually has quite a selection of nice clothes. I picked up a new pair of jeans and a long sleeved t-shirt. I'm amassing quite the wardrobe...I call it my "dating stash", all the new stuff I bought. I figure that if I'm trying to meet a new guy, I might as well look halfway decent doing it.
Well, in the man department, things are rather slow. I was talking with a few people, but they all seem to have a fatal flaw. Not something I'm nitpicky about or anything, but something fairly difficult to surpass, like a conflict of available times or inability to carry out an even conversation. I met an old fling at a social gathering the other night, and he's gotten quite handsome, but, sadly, no more intelligent than when I first partook. That being said, I'm still avidly on the hunt.
I'm surprised at the massive amounts of people that have degraded into internet shorthand. Disheartening, really. It's just so damned annoying to read and decipher. It doesn't take more than an extra second or two to type the entire word out, now does it? I mean, even when I'm on my cellphone, I take the time to properly spell and punctuate. You'd think people could do the same on a full-fledged keyboard.
I went over Aunt Tasha's the other day and babysat my little cousin Jesse for a few hours. He's 3 months and an absolute sweetheart. I felt all maternal and happy just walking him around. He fell asleep on me, even! But I didn't realize how heartbreaking it is to see a little baby *really* cry, not just fuss. I was like "oh no...how can I fix it?" and just felt awful that I couldn't make it all better instantly. I got him to stop crying pretty quick, though, so I pride myself on that.
Hm...not too much else to say. Pot pies for dinner. I'm moving my closet up into the attic to have more room in my actual room. My back got hurt when I was cleaning the attic in preparation for said task. I think I need a nap.
Ciao.
~Fox "Shop til you drop" Mackenzie
:: Fox 11/17/2002 03:51:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
|