:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Thursday, November 28, 2002 ::
Jesus fuck it's cold.
I'm wearing PJs for the first time all year and I'm *still* cold. I think I'm getting old. Five years ago, I'dve been fine going outside in a bathing suit to get the mail in this weather. Now I'm in long sleeves and pants and socks and shivering.
So, um, yeah. Happy Turkey day to all!
Reflections on last year: Precisely this time last year I was sniffly and depressed because Dave #1, my first shot at a "real" relationship after Marco, broke up with me kinda suddenly. In bed. That sucked a lot.
Jess, a former dear friend, heard the news and promptly invited me over for a party, consisting of her boyfriend, roommate, and many others TBA. It was a wild party...somewhere in which I ended up dancing in my underthings on a coffee table. Somewhere in which I also ended up blindfolded and gagged in a room with various PG BDSM-y things being done to me (I agreed beforehand, and Jess babysat to make sure no one tried anything funny, so it was cool). I hooked up with Jess' cute roommate, Matt, who ended up not remembering me in the morning because he had drank so much that he actually appeared sober to me and the company the night previous. Jess introduced me to an ex of hers (she did this a lot. she's responsible for at least three of my boys being her exes) who, despite having pretty much no redeeming value beauty-wise, treated me fairly kindly and seemed interested. We ended up hooking up and later going out; later being two days. I suppose that was my first mistake, I shouldn't have agreed to go steady so soon, but I was still kind of reeling from the breakup. I mention him for several reasons today, all of which are known only to me. It's been a year now, and so I purge myself of these memories of this one and what he did to me. I will not be a victim any longer.
Adam and I talked for a very long time last night. I like him an awful lot, and he's taken just as much with me as I am with him. We won't be able to see one another until sunday, and even that's sort of iffy. Seems ages. The second meeting's always a very important thing...it's a re-affirming of initial reactions - I'm looking forward to it wholeheartedly!
I can't believe I'm up at this hour. I didn't get to bed until after one last night....
~Fox "night-owl" Mackenzie
:: Fox 11/28/2002 07:50:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
|