:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Friday, November 01, 2002 ::
I am an angel of darkness
With wings of snapping flame-
Hellish light against the starkness
Of the path from whence I came
The world is a burning ember -
I grasp within my hand;
Histories that I remember
Burn me like a brand.
The birth and death of ages
Have passed before my eyes
I have heralded the truths of sages
And rebuked the fools of lies
I am the Phoenix, lady of fire
And against my nurturing breast
I lay kindling of a funeral-pyre
And therein make my nest.
My flame is spent, and flickers lowly
My heart dwindles down to ash
I feel the heat eclipse the cold, and slowly
My pain, my loss - has passed.
Understanding hurts, wounds on levels that are yet undefined. We are all phoenix at heart, however, and our flame is hope.
~Fox Mackenzie
:: Fox 11/01/2002 09:41:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
|