:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 ::
Hm, well, another date this weekend.
Apparently, Alex and I are going to attempt to go horseback riding. I wasn't really enthusiastic about going out with him because he seems a bit too complacent for me - everything is "great!" and "That's what I like too!". Maybe I'm just unwilling to open up myself fully to the possibility of falling for someone again and am putting up emotional walls. I did it last time too.
He's been burned in matters of the heart as well, so at least I'm not going to be courting an optimist. I was surprised he suggested a horseback riding excursion...I forget how it came up, but we'd been talking about horses...most guys cop out to the "dinner and a movie" or "Whatever you wanna do" excuses, and man does that get old.
He's 26, a lab security tech for Verizon, and a part-time DJ. At least that'll mean he isn't tone deaf, so that rocks. He 'loves driving', which is a real change of pace from all the guys that bitch that I don't have a car. (Jason's the only one that hasn't raised a ruckus about it, but he's still kinda ticked, I think...) I have a feeling I'll have a real good time with him. It'll be very nice to get outdoors and get some fresh air. And I love horseback riding...it's been far too long since I've been. Gods, probably years, by now. I have to get the info, which I'm going to do tomorrow...hope it doesn't cost too much, cause my ass is broke. I called about a CPA job today here in Matawan (not actually a CPA job...a secretary *to* one..) and he said he'd talk to his partner and get back to me, so that's promising. I'm hoping it pans out, cause it's 30 hours a week and no weekends. God I hate working weekends. Makes me angry.
Sooo..that's all the news that's fit to type. More updates later!
~Fox Mackenzie
:: Fox 11/20/2002 06:03:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
|