:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Thursday, November 21, 2002 ::

Alex and I have been talking more.

My first impressions were poorly placed, I've found. He and I actually do have quite a bit in common, and I had a hours-long chat with him last night...the kind of chat I hadn't had since my recent ex first courted me. It was a relief and a wonder to know I was still capable of conversation, strange as it may sound. I worry a lot that I'm going to alienate or say the wrong thing, but that's just lingering self-doubt from cruel people of my past. Alex seems to like me, and like to hear about me, a great deal. It's so nice to get a call when I'm told I will...to have someone call just for the sake of saying Hi. It's something people take for granted, at times.

Don't know if horseback riding is going to go off without a hitch...it might rain and I'm definately coming down with something. I've been sniffly and sore-throated for days now...I think dad's right- that I'm allergic to something in this house. Ah well. Alex might bring over Boondock Saints if it's rainy, so that's cool. Maybe I'll whup his ass in nintendo.

Brian was really nice and gave me the Friday the 13th game when we hung out that one night, and I gave it to mom, who's been playing it rabidly. She really loves that game! He also gave me a candycane. I haven't heard from him in awhile. I think I may have frightened him.

I got a call back from the CPA office, and I have an interview at 2 tomorrow. I haven't the slightest what I'm going to wear! I'll figure it out. Mom drove me over there tonight to get a feel for the distance...it's only like a 2 minute drive, but a little too far to consider walking, especially in cold weather. It looks like a pretty classy office plaza. Alex is already convinced I have the job...he's such a sweetheart...but I'm a bit more cautious about hoping. I mean, what if they need me to do math? Yeesh.

Well, I'm dragging my sniffly ass up to bed for sleep. 'lex is gonna call to wish me goodnight...he has to work late cause someone screwed up yesterday, *plus* he came home today to find his cable modem was out. Poor thing! ::pets her cable modem protectively:: God forbid mine ever fail! I love the net too much...

~Fox "Road to Recovery" Mackenzie





:: Fox 11/21/2002 09:43:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?