:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Sunday, October 20, 2002 ::

Yay! *finally* had a day off today.

My business professor, after I wrote him about a broken link, decided to not only use one of my suggestions as a question on the discussion board, but to make it an extra credit question for everyone - 5 points! Considering it's the barrier between a B and A for most people, that's a pretty high honor. My biz teacher is an awesome guy.

My prof for Intro to college class is an idiot, though. She doesn't encourage discussions on the board at all, doesn't do anything but give us three quizzes for every chapter - multiple choice, essay, and true/false. And that's *it*. No emails, no encouragement, nada. Not to mention that she puts in the wrong answers for some of the questions. I don't know who's formulating these questions or programming them into the computer, but there's some obviously wrong answers. When the Multiple Choice and T/F tests only have 5 questions each, it's a very bad thing when the test is programmed incorrectly. I mean - 5 questions? You can't check these more carefully before you give them to us? Sheesh. And the Essay Test only has 10, so same argument there. I had issues from the very first assignment, when entering "first and second" as opposed to "first-and-second" got marked incorrectly. I wrote her about this, and, after learning this philosophy the hard way, I applied the "first-and-second" method to as many questions as I could the second assignment, only to find that the method had *now* changed to "First/Second". She never gave us a proper method to use, nor had she briefed us beforehand about proper statement of answers in accordance to the electronic grading system. She chose instead to send me a very brief email saying she had adjusted the grades, and then discontinued the "fill in the blanks" test altogether, after which we only were given the three tests listed above each chapter. She isn't all that well prepared to teach the class, if you ask me. This is so not worth the aggravation for 1 credit that probably won't even transfer.

I had apple pie for breakfast. Sabrina (Lyric's fiancee sabrina, not evil shannon-crossing sabrina) came over last night, where we had lyric, jeramy and shannon over for Jon's game, which he finally got underway and is very happy about. Sabrina and I went to the supermarket because I had a sudden urge to make apple pie (she did most of it, knowing how and all) and we did, along with biscuits and banana muffins to boot. All came out very well and Jon made fantastic Chicken Catch-e-tori (spelled phonetically for my non-italian readers) that we had over rotini. Sabrina's very excited about the wedding and she showed me her dress and the gardens they're getting married in next June, both of which are very beautiful. I hope I get something to show off someday too. ;)

In the vein of weddings, Jon and I decided against Renn Faire today (overcast, cloudy, I had a feminine tummyache and didn't want to move much) in favor of a movie, specifically "My Big Fat Greek Wedding", which was absolutely wonderful and I urge anyone who is Italian or Greek to go see it, because it's *true*, gosh darn it, sterotypes and all. I picked up some yarn too and am going to attempt to learn crocheting again, which should be pretty damn funny. We also had lunch at the olive garden, which, sadly, discontinued the neverending pasta bowl. Commie bastards.

I spent inordinate amounts of money at victoria's secret the other day. Two new bras and umpteenth pairs of underwear. They actually have my size. It's very comfy and looks sexy. Jon seems to like it, so hey. Still spent too much money, but hey. Only live once.


Oh, and get this - not *only* is the store -not- hiring an assistant manager, period, "until the new year" - they're ALSO taking away David for the ENTIRE MONTH OF DECEMBER to the columbia store. Soooo it's me, Justin, and two yet-to-be-hired new employees alone in an inner-harbor retail store from black friday on. Jon's insistance I jump ship has been joined by many other voices at this point. I think I'm going to have a little talk with Joanne asap about my conditions of staying there. I'm decidedly not willing to take this kind of responsibility without a pay raise, at the very least. David actually asked me to work Halloween night. I told him to go scratch, basically. I've had plans for a month, and he's always saying how Managers have to make all the sacrifices, so let him.

That's about it for now. I'm doing well and in good spirits, waiting with bated breath for Halloween!

~Fox "Autumnal Spirit" Mackenzie

:: Fox 10/20/2002 09:17:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?