:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Monday, October 21, 2002 ::

So, yeah. I officially go to the most ghetto community college on earth.

Our cafeteria got shut down friday because it failed health inspections...rumor has it that we had a few too many "unwanted visitors", and by that I mean the kinds with a few too many legs. Considering the culinary offerings of the establishment, I'm surprised the poly-peds even bothered to infest. We only ate there because it is well known that college students will eat anything. Though I will admit I have a new-found espect for the diverse gastronimic applications of "grits" since attending here.

English, shortly. At 4. We had a term paper due today, originally, but he allowed us an extra week because just about everyone's (read: not mine) thesis was less than adequate, to put it lightly. My term paper is going to be about the degradation of customer service in an ever-growing business community. Voicestream can kiss my ass. Wait until my brain starts storming.

Yeah. 44 bucks in my checking account. This is bad. I'm not quite sure where all of it went, but I have a pretty good idea. I think that trip to victoria's knocked me nearly broke. Add that to the fact that emusic.com somehow got ahold of my billing info and has happily charged me $30 for I don't know what. I wrote them a rather nasty email demanding my "subscription" be revoked. Damned if I'm shelling out 10 bucks a month for the next year for some MP3 purchasing service. I don't even remember having seen the site before! It bothers me because I'm usually very very careful about this sort of thing. Ah well, hopefully it'll all be okay.

I took a new bus line today, right outside of my apartment building, it brings me right to Liberty Campus. It's very nice. Now I can take the bus in 2 days a week and not wrestle with the god damned shuttle in the harbor anymore.

I'm doing pretty well in school, I like to think. Aside from the fact my intro to college prof is a flaming idiot at times, and my piano teacher is harsh on me...it's not too bad. I'm getting ready to muster the defenses because my Intro to College prof put a wrong answer into the test grading system and she maintains she's right, by virtue of an email sent to me today, containing about 7 words total, to the effect of: "No. This was the answer." I know I'm right, but I'm going to look through the book for the eighth time when I get home, just to be sure, and then I'm going to write a longer email. It's only 10 points, but it's a very important 10 points to me. Or perhaps I shouldn't. My tests were pretty late this week...I was still in a depressional slump and it took until friday or so to drag me out of it. I think I'll let this one be, come to think of it. I'll just have to try and be on time from now on so I have a proverbial leg to stand on when arguing my case. She's still wrong though, and it bugs me.

My piano teacher has agreed to let me learn a song from the piano 1 book for the recital in december, as opposed to the more difficult pieces I've been killing myself trying to learn. It's SO frustrating, I can't begin to explain. I come from a musical family...I've been singing ever since I knew how to speak. But try and tell me the right fingers to use to play this chord or that one, and it's like trying to get a CompSci Major to play a clarinet with no former knowledge. I want to cry sometimes...this is my *element*, my blood and life. I should *know* this without thinking, without looking. All I can do is learn by rote.

::le sigh::

Off to English I go. Bye for now, my faithful readers.

~Fox "gettin my learn on" Mackenzie


:: Fox 10/21/2002 03:40:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?