:: Searching for Puck... ::

The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her.
:: welcome to Searching for Puck... :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: My Homepage[O]
:: My'Pensive'Journal[O]
:: Rant Blog[O]

:: Friday, October 11, 2002 ::

Mm. All's well.

Very well, if the hickey on my neck's any indication. ::smirks:: So, melodrama, at least from Jon and I, is at a minimum. We're getting along and having some very nice discussions about intelligent things. It takes a bit more effort on my part, but I'm glad what happened between us did. I hadn't realized what a "yes girl" I'd become. I was smiling and nodding so much I had forgotten to process and comprehend. I even read a book he and Shannon had, called "Small Gods" by Terry Pratchett. The two of them are like a book club to me....you get lost in the conversation if you haven't read what they have. I don't want to be lost, so I read. And I've found some very nice stories that way, too. I might lend Shannon "slammerkin" and see what she thinks of it. I really liked it. Very vivid.

So, Tina's leaving us. She got a better job offer at a sign place. I'm happy for her, very very happy, because now she won't have empty pockets and constant stress. However, it changes things drastically for me. This means I'm stuck in a job with David and Justin, and that's it. For the love of ducks. Jon thinks I should leave now before the entire ship capsizes, but I'm going to stick around and try for Store Manager. If they offer me something decent enough, who knows. I'm a shoo-in for the job, anyway. Unless they decide to promote from outside the company, which I doubt they'll do.

::sighs a bit:: Got a touch of bad news the other day. Nickel's Midway Pier, where I used to work on the wildwood boardwalk when I was 12 and 13, had a fire. Dracula's castle burned to the ground (or the pier, but I imagine the wooden boardwalk that supported it went up too...) It was a fairly stable landmark of my childhood...you always knew you were near the boardwalk when you could see the castle spires and the ferris wheel. It was a spookhouse, with a boat ride going through it where people and poorly-hydraulicked and costumed maniquins (sp?) leapt at you and piped-in halloween music abounded. I remember it very fondly, and so, I take a moment of blogged silence to honor this cherished edifice of my childhood.


Dracula's Castle, we barely knew thee.

I'm growing up.

It scares me.

~Fox "walking slowly backwards into adulthood" Mackenzie
:: Fox 10/11/2002 07:19:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?