:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Tuesday, September 24, 2002 ::
Jesus. I've had like, no time to update at all.
Well, lots of stuff happened. Jon and I celebrated out 6 month anniversary. We were kind of rough for a few days because my emotions got kicked into overdrive (I think it was hormonal) but we're fine now. We went to fell's point and brick oven pizza and had a really nice time. He got me this leather hair ornament at the Rennaissance Faire that I absolutely love, and brought a beautiful rose to work.
School and work are really eating up all my free time. I'm pretty well exhausted, but I'm trying to hang in there. Having online courses really helps a lot. I had my first triumph last wednesday - my first roll of film was developed. And *I* developed it by hand. It's a series of nice black and white shots...I took them around campus that morning because I simply had no time otherwise. I finally managed to get my online tests in for my Intro to College course online...I kept putting them off to do other stuff. I found out the automated computer grading system is a bitch...it marks you wrong if you don't capitalize something (we're not even talking proper nouns here, just random first words that are sometimes supposed to be, sometimes not) and if you use an & sign instead of -and- between the two words. It also marks you wrong is you answer first,second instead of first/second. And as if that wasn't bitch enough, the rules don't apply to each test. Normally I'd learn from the first test my mistakes, but, applying that to the second test, I found that I should have answered everything in the way it was marked incorrectly on the first test. Exceedingly frustrating, let me tell you.
So, yeah. I'm 20 now. It's weird. Jon took me, My mother (who came up for the occasion, wonder of wonders) shannon and Tina out to vaccaro's the night of the 15th, and then Lyric, Shannon, Amanda and I to Thai one on for my actual birthday. They were out of plum wine and green tea ice cream, but we still had a blast. We went to borders after that and I picked up a whole bunch of books. Shannon got me a stuffed giraffe and Jon got me a beautiful moonstone ring and brought a rose to school. I'm glad he realizes how much I adore roses. He makes me so happy. :)
He also got me a bed. He's such a sweetheart. He was fine on the sofa bed because he weighs like 30 pounds, but a big gal like me was intensely uncomfortable...especially during certain occasions. So now we have a queen sized bed that's really really comfy. He promised we'd break it in soon ;)
hmm..what else. Ah. Well, work's going allright, I suppose. I'm really falling into a rythym there. Tina and I pretty much run the place now. David's been more and more listless and hasn't really been getting any work done, and we've had to pick up the slack because Justin sure isn't going to. David asked me to switch today because he wants to go play his Lord of the Rings card game tonight. I'm working a damned 9 hour shift and I have school at 9 the next morning...my 3 hour photo class. Then I switched with Tina because she wanted a later shift next thursday, so I get the morning shift, which is perfectly fine by me. I like early shifts. I wish I had more.
Hmm..I thought the shift I had to work today was 1 to 9. Apparently it's 12 to 9. Well damn.
I wrote my english paper on my first experiences with BDSM. I'm debating whether I should turn it in or not. I mean, it's brutal honesty and told tastefully, but...eh, I don't know. I'm not sure Jon would be keen about me writing a paper on an ex. Even though I don't make any references to sex in it, it's still perhaps something best left unmentioned. I'll have to think on it.
My English teacher is evil. He has this thing with not respecting personal space and touching people wayyyy too often. He also has a hard-on for metaphors for some unknown reason. It's a rather tedious 3 hour class, if it's anything. I think I'll try and avoid any late monday classes that are over 2 hours from now on.
That's about it for now, folks. Tune in next week for more fun and surprises.
~Fox "I have a new bed and youuu don't" Mackenzie
:: Fox 9/24/2002 07:58:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
|