:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Saturday, August 03, 2002 ::
It's been a few days, hasn't it?
Sorry about the lack of communication...I wrote a long entry wednesday night and was on the verge of finishing it when the entire building blacked out...apparently we had a city-block wide power outage. It was pretty cool, though...we went across the hall and finally met our neighbors...Jon's been living across from this girl genie for like, 3 years and they never said hi. Genie's a little afraid of the dark so she invited everyone on the floor who was wandering around the halls in search of answers. This was about 11:30. There were 5 of us packed into her apartment and we all talked and ate cookies and had iced tea and a really nice time. Jon and I are both zonked, though...we only got like, 5 and a half hours of sleep because of that. We both had our respective higher-level bosses to see friday...me, joanne, our tough-as-nails district manager, and he had owen wurmzer, the undersecretary of defense (who actually ended up calling and canceling). I had to wear *colors* and tuck my pentacle in. Blegh.
I've barely made any sales at all the past two weeks because the wedding week was a short one and you don't make shit on weekdays except maybe thursday and friday, and last week because the gold star calendar goes 1-7th of a month, 7-14th, etc - the last three days of the month were a gold star "week" that consisted of monday through wednesday. Eh, at least I made month and I get my 1%.
Jon and I got a membership to the aquarium, so we get to go free for a year and get 10% off in the food court and gift shop. The seahorse exhibit is really neat. I went with Jon yesterday and that was a lot of fun, but I was *really* tired, so we ended up skipping out on the dinner in little italy and went home and ordered chinese.
Oh, and get this - I got a call thursday from some guy named Brandon. Apparently I waited on some flordia natives that were friends of his and made a *huge* impression on them...they went out of their way to tell him what a great person I was. Now he wants to hire me for some place called the "Design Expo Center" - it's a high-scale offshoot of Home Depot and I think it's a high management position, from what he was implying. It's in Columbia though....*huge* hike. I might be going to the interview monday morning, just to see what they have to offer, but I'm starting to have second thoughts if it's worth the hike....I don't want to waste anyone's time. I'd have to get a car to work there, and I don't think I'm ready for that financial and emotional burden just yet.
We're going to do some bank stuff today, being as bank of america is a bunch of idiots who can't seem to get Jon his checks or me my bank card. Something really needs to get done within that company, because I'm on the verge of taking my business elsewhere. Same with voicestream and gap. Jesus. My cell bill was around 170 I think, this month. I usually check my minutes compulsively, but that whole ssn-last-4 bruhaha has made it impossible to check my balance or my minutes for 2 months now. I'm writing another nasty email today.
That's about it, for now :) talk to everyone later...
~Fox "Overworked and underpaid" Mackenzie
:: Fox 8/03/2002 09:20:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
|