:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Monday, July 01, 2002 ::
Woo. I'm lucky I'm here to write this.
Well, my faithful readers, it seems this authoress fell *quite* ill...the very day after her beloved returned home. My ear started aching a little when we were going to pick him up, but I shrugged it off. The next day, it was both ears, and the pain got to such intense levels that I woke up at three in the morning crying and starting a bleary-eyed search on the net for what was happening to me.
Turns out, as I had correctly guessed from my research, I had an acute outer ear canal infection in both ears. In trying to cleanse the problem out of my ear canal, I unwittingly transferred it to my healthy ear.
Long story short, a *lot* of pain (and I mean ridiculous amounts that I've never had before in my life) two trips to the emergency room, having to cancel my first day at chesapeake (got the job, by the way) and many, many days of staying in bed, trying unsucessfully to sleep, and eating nothing but yogurt because I couldn't open my jaw, I'm finally back to relatively normal, even though I feel like I'm hearing through a pillow still. They put me on codine, which is helping some...gotta switch back to the ibuprofen tomorrow cause I'm gonna be around sharp pointy things, tomorrow being my first day at work.
So, I'm talking with Shannon, and she gave me a wonderful idea...get passes to the aquarium, so I can duck in there before work if I have to get dropped off early, which is most likely the case. I don't start work til 3 tomorrow and I work til 9, but Jon has to be at work at 8, so I gotta LOT of time to kill. Maybe I'll wander over to BCCC and see about registering.
That's about it, for now. I love Jon...I couldn't even begin to say how sweet and doting he's been for me in my sickness. He was doing everything for me, and I'll tell ya, just when I thought I couldn't love the guy any more than I do...he shows me I can. ::smiles:: I thank my deities every day that I met this wonderful man.
That's all for now...more later!
~Fox "Codine+Fox=Happy" Mackenzie
:: Fox 7/01/2002 01:58:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
|