:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Monday, July 29, 2002 ::
Woo...what a weekend!
Well, Jon made the trip up in about nine and a half hours. He's a *really* good driver, this trip only served to drive that point home.
Our hotel got struck by lightning.
At 2:30 am.
The only light that would turn on in our pitch-dark room was the blinding every-5-second strobe on top of the million decibel fire alarm in our room. I, being woken out of a sound sleep by what sounded like the heralding of armegeddon, went into a blind panic and frantically searched for my clothes, and of course that was completely unsuccessful, so I ended up stumbling out in a pair of formal slacks and one of Jon's sweatshirts, and nothing else. I also started crying. It was so scary for me, not to mention I hadn't been able to find my glasses...I knocked over a lamp and cut my leg pretty bad on the edge of a dresser in my panicing. Jon, goddess bless him, was completely calm about everything and pretty much saved the day. I love my sweetie.
So, anyhoo, the wedding. It was beautiful, and a little sad at time, because Katie had a lot of memorials built into the ceremony for my Uncle Gogie (gary) who passed away suddenly and unexpectedly about three years back or so. I missed him a whole lot. I got to see the *whole* family clan again, as well as introduce Jon around, so that's good.
Not too much else...gotta scoot..poor sleepy Jon needs the comp (we ran into a LOT of traffic on the way back...didn't get in til 11) so more updates laterrr!
~Fox "thunderstruck" Mackenzie
:: Fox 7/29/2002 06:56:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
|