:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Sunday, July 07, 2002 ::
Man, this working thing is hard.
I've consistently worked nine hours or more four straight days in a row. I realize that isn't a lot for a lot of people, but at that place, I'm on my feet the whole time. It's really rough on my feet and legs. I almost threw out my knee the other day..
On the bright side, I made my star easily, and seven hundred more than it this week. David's going to be really proud of me! Making over 2k in sales my first few days on the job is really impressive. I rock. :)
36 hour workweeks, it's practically a full time job. I'm fine with it, as long as it's going to be consistent. I need to know my future, more or less. Need to start budgeting and stuff like that. Jon wants to go light on the spending in August so he can build up his base deposit in the account he's opening, so he can skip the fees. That means I'm most likely putting most of my paycheck towards half the rent, and most likely helping the the groceries. I make 7 an hour, and according Ms. Bauwens, my communications teacher senior year, you can always knock off about a third of your hourly rate for taxes, if not more. I'll probably have about two hundred left over. 80 of that *has* to go to the gap before it shows up on my credit report. :op Anyhoo...
Little tired, but Jon has Jeramy, Melissa and Shannon over to do some pre-game stuff for the RPG game he's going to be running and I don't know when they're going to go home. It's ten now, so I imagine it'll be soon.
That's all for now. Talk to everyone later!
~Fox "40% off, here I come!" Mackenzie
:: Fox 7/07/2002 09:58:00 PM [Say what?] ::
...
|