:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Wednesday, July 17, 2002 ::
Jon and I had a good idea when we were eating at bertucci's the other night.
A restaurant called the Dorm Room Eatery.
We'd get a retail space, make all the walls just plain sheetrock, plaster them with posters and pictures of various people and othersuch, light the whole place with weird lamps and bare bulbs, and furnish it with low end tables and beanbag chairs and/or beat up couches. We'd serve hot dogs, ramen, mac and cheese..grilled cheese..all the classic dorm food, complete with mis-matched table settings. I think it would have a huge appeal across the board. I mean, we'd have virtually no overhead (all of the aforementioned food is cheap, and in bulk, forget it!) and for the same price of eating cheap in their rooms, students could come and eat with people as opposed to alone. It'd also draw the older set for a "recapture your youth" feeling.
I think it's a cute idea.
~Fox "Entrepenure" Mackenzie
:: Fox 7/17/2002 11:05:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
|