:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Saturday, July 06, 2002 ::
I loooove my new job!
It's the single greatest job in the whole entire world. My asst. Manager's a Druid, My boss is Pagan, I'm fairly sure my coworker is either a shifter, pagan, or both, and I get along with all of them soooo well! There's only the four of us, and we all make the most awesome team ever. We sell so much stuff.
And I waited on Robin Williams yesterday! I couldn't *believe* it! I had a feeling it was him, so I quietly asked, and as soon as I heard his voice, I knew I was right. He sounds just the same in person. He's a really nice guy. He said he really liked the inner harbor. He's from california. I was going to ask for an autograph, but I didn't want to make him feel the way everyone else probably does. It must be hard being a celebrity and having no personal life.
I was responsible for about 875 bucks in sales yesterday! And the whole store, with 3 people working, made only $1900! crazy, right? I'm about five hundred and change worth of sales short of my quote, but I have an eight hour shift today and tomorrow to make it. I made 875 yesterday and 320 the day before that, so I just know I'll make it! I'm so excited! A gold star. I do this three weeks in a row (And david, my manager, says that my next sales goals will be considerably lower...the one he gave me was cause he had confidence in my abilities, and my goal had been higher than my co-worker justin, who'd been there 3 months already...) and I get 1% of all my accumulated sales! Lots of money :) I'm happy. It also looks *great* on a salary review.
Jon and I are headed to the bank today to get our respective bank accounts. I really need one for my direct depositing from work. It bites that I came in on a pay week, so I won't get paid until the 19th. It'll be a ridiculous pay check, but it's still a hard wait. Lunch there is kinda knocking me broke...I have to spend like $6 bucks a day I don't really have to get lunch there. It's worth it, because I'm usually ravenous at the time.
That's about it, for now. Except for the religious crazies I keep getting in the store. I've been handed no less than three religious pamphlets in less than two days. Even a jewish one! Nuts, right? I didn't think they recruited.
Dad set up mine and Jon's hotel reservation for the wedding, so that's a big weight off my mind. We're staying just outside of burlington for two nights or so. Should be fun! I'm so excited Katie's getting married. :)
Well, I need food, so I'll talk to everyone later...ciao!
~Fox "Celebrity Magnet" Mackenzie
:: Fox 7/06/2002 10:19:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
|