:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 ::
I like my job a lot. :)
I got to do the front window yesterday...organizing and decorating and all that. It was a great deal of fun. I have a frustrated designer *somewhere* in me, I'm sure. I made a colorful display and everything looks just downright beautiful. I broke a cow in my decorating frenzy, though....we have the little ceramic cows from the "Cow Parade" show thingie in NYC last year, and when we break one, David calls it "Chipped Beef". I think it's pretty funny.
So, I made my star, and like 2,500 in sales or something like that. Tina made 4k, so I'm really happy for her. she worked hard for those sales, too. People just really need convincing sometimes. I outsold David this week, so that's crazy. The whole staff *and* the store made their gold stars, though, so he's really pleased. That hasn't happened since around father's day, as I understand it. Makes him looks really good at the Manager's meeting he's going to this week.
Hmm...whatelse....
Ah. Bought my credit report online (50 damned bucks) and I look fairly decent. I'm about midway through all the scales. Most likely won't get a home loan if I apply, but since I'm not, it's not an issue. All I have to do is pay off that damned gap card and I'm set. Stupid non-credit-card-taking assholes.
I'm most likely going to take a trek down to Bank of America to open an account today (Though it depends heavily on the weather...) because I really need one, and if I move my ass, I might be able to get Direct Deposit in time for the 19th (My first Payday). I have a headache at the moment. Not sure why.
Jon seems unsettled lately. Not with me, I don't think, but I'm still concerned. I asked him what was up last night because he had that unsettled look, and he said he was upset because he wasn't keeping up with things like cleaning the apartment or doing the dishes.
An odd response, to be sure. I don't know what brought it on. Unless it's some concealed dig at my housekeeping skills (I know it's not because I actually worked more hours than him this week)..I can't begin to guess. I hope he's not getting unhappy with me. I was moody for a day or two last week because a current situation had begun to resemble something unpleasant from my past, but I came to realize that I was seeing phantoms, and it was all in my head. I feel a little better after I sat down and logically worked through it. I've been in reasonably good spirits since.
Maybe the job's getting to him. I already asked if it was his having to drive me to and from work and he said it wasn't, so that's the only other thing I can think of. ::sighs:: And they say women are hard to figure out.
Maybe I'll make banana bread today. Been awhile since I have.
Ciao for now...
~Fox "Baked-Goods Terrorist" Mackenzie
:: Fox 7/10/2002 08:04:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
|