:: Searching for Puck... ::
The mostly-daily saga of a 22 year old girl in search of eldorado, good books, a pen, a spare set of keys, the secret of immortality, or shiny objects, depending on when you ask her. |
|
|
:: Tuesday, July 16, 2002 ::
Had to go in on my day off yesterday.
My co-worker, Justin, is a hardcore clubber. He went to Depo friday and found eyeliner on the floor of the men's room and thought it would be a good idea to use it. Consequently, he got pink eye and called out yesterday. So David called me and I had to brave public transportation to come to the rescue.
I only made like, $20 in sales. That sucked. We had like, 20 customers the whole time I was there. Mondays are dismal for sales, unfortunately. I really want to make my star every week this month, and I'm going to try my damnest. 1% of all my sales isn't all *that* much...it's only $48 so far if I make my star, but I'm looking at 80-100 extra bucks in my second paycheck of the month, so that's cool. David says it takes 2-3 pay periods for direct deposit to manifest, so I'm going to be paying $6 fees for the next two months or so. I have to wait until freakin' friday to actually deposit my damned check, because it's postdated. We don't accept postdated checks as part of company policy, and yet they postdate their own employees' paychecks. Go figure.
On the upside, David says that the money shows in my account nighttime thursday once direct deposit kicks in, so that's good.
I really have to do laundry. We have like, *no* clean clothes left. I was on my way to doing it yesterday when I got the call to come in.
Anyhoo, that's about it for now. More updates later!
~Fox "Take this job and love it" Mackenzie
:: Fox 7/16/2002 10:06:00 AM [Say what?] ::
...
|